26

*ROC*

Ray was holding Destiny while we stood in the pool talking.

"How does it feel to know that Rain is ok?" He asked.

"Ray I promised Rain that today would be a good day, no sad stuff."

He looked over both his shoulders. "I don't see Rain around."

I sighed and looked at the other side of the pool where Rain and Angela sat on a long tanning chair laughing. She must have felt my eyes on her because she looked at me and smiled before talking to Angie again.

"All that matters...is that she's ok." I said, looking back at Ray.

"Man I can't imagine you and Rain without eachother. I mean I used to hate the idea, but as we all grew I just see how much you love her."

I just nodded, still not wanting to talk about this. While we were all inside eating and everyone started talking about what a cute Highschool couple we were I had to hide my discomfort. Back then I was bullying Rain, not sticking up for her, I didn't wanna think about the beginning of our relationship.

"I hope I find a girl that means as much to me as Rain does to you. Man can you believe we all used to hate her?"

I gritted my teeth. "Please don't mention that. Especially while you're holding my daughter."

Ray nodded, but I could see he still wanted talk about it. I pulled Des from him and put her in my own arms before getting out of the pool. When I looked back he was swimming over to Prince, probably to tell him about how I "over reacted".

I smiled at Rain and Angela.

"Can I join you?" I asked.

"Sure." Angie smiled. "Can I hold her?" She asked, looking at Destiny. I hesitated and Rain answered for me.

"Of course you can, Godmommy."

I sighed and gave her Des before sitting across from them on another tanning chair.

"I can't believe I'm her middle name." Angie smiled.

"Why so shocked? It was only fair she had to have some kind of attachment to you."

Angie smiled and looked at me, then Rain. "Thanks guys. I'm so glad ya'll stayed together. Roc, I can't believe I ever thought you weren't good enough. You've really grown since highschool."

Clearly Raun hadn't told her about when I was abusing her. Ugh why the hell did everyone wanna walk down memory lane today!

"Ugh, lets just forget the past." I said calmly.

"Yeah! Lets discuss the future!" Rain smiled.

"Huh?" Angie asked.

"Well...has there been a guy in your life?"

I rolled my eyes and lost interest in the conversation... for a second.

"Yes. A guy named Justin. We went to 11th grade with him."

Rain looked at me, and I looked at her. Justin!? Justin with the frikin purple hoodie Justin!? Yup!

"Oh, how is that going?" Rain asked her.

"It's good so far, nothing serious, but he might be around for a while."

"Cool." Rain nodded.

I felt Rain shift weight on the chair and I wrapped my arm around her waist, assuring her everything was fine. Rain looked at Angie who was busy looking down at Destiny and playing with her tiny fingers. I tucked my palm under Rain's chin and made her look at me.

She giggled. "Roc leave me alone."

I smiled. "Never."

I kissed her, and she kissed back. When we pulled apart Angie was looking at us.

"Aren't ya'll cute?" She said in a mockin tone.

Rain blushed and I grabbed her tight. "Can't get enough of her." I told Angie.

"Speaking of...getting enough. How have ya'll been physically?"

I widened my eyes. Did she just ask about our sex life!?

"Angie!" Rain squealed.

Angie shrugged innocently. "I was just ganna say I don't have work tommorow and I would love to take Des for the night if you wanted."

I stayed quiet, thinking, and realized it had been a minute since Rain and I...ya know.

"Oh! um..." Rain looked at me. "What do you say?" She asked me.

"Uh. Sure I guess that would be ok. I don't have work till late in the afternoon tommorow."

"Great!" Angie cheered. "Then I get to have Des for the night..." She giggled. "And you two can...catch up in lost time."

"Angie!" Rain yelled, hitting her playfully.

"What? Just being honest."

Rain laughed and looked Destiny, when I looked at Angue she winked at me and I winked back.

"Wait...did I just miss something?" Rain asked.

Angie and I both started whistling and looking anywhere but at Rain.

"I'm onto you..." She told us.

"Sure you are baby." I smirked.