5

*RAIN*

I felt his breath on my neck, but stayed facing the wall, I couldn't believe that I could get rid of my fear and sadness, and feel love towards him again.

"Rain." He whispered in my ear. "Look at me."

"I can't." I whispered towards the wall.

"Please Rain. I told you, I'm sorry."

"I don't care." I said harshly.

He moved his arm from around me and moved his head away from my neck.

"Do you want a divorce?" He asked.

I sighed and turned to face him. "No. Never." We'd been married less than a year, divorce!? No!

He pulled me close to him again and I became aware that I was still naked, I could see the bruises all over my stomach and side. I pulled the sheet up to my neck.

"I need to get dressed." I said.

"No you don't. It's my fault, I deserve to see you like this."

I wished I could tell him it wasn't his fault...but it was, so instead I said nothing.

"Every mark, every bruise, I'll watch them slowly fade away and then I promise there will never be more."

"Roc. I-I don't know if I can get pregnant again. You know the doctor said it could be difficult now."

He grabbed my hand and I looked at his chest. He placed his hand under my chin.

"Rain. Look at me it's ganna be ok. If we need to...adopt we'll adopt."

"No!" I yelled, scaring him. "Roc I want it to be ours! The baby has to be ours! We have to make it together!"

He grabbed my waist over the sheet and forced me closer to him.

"Everything is ganna be fine." He told me.

"I still love you." I said.

"And baby I never stopped loving you. Never will."

I hid my face in his chest and shut my eyes, his muscular arms wrapped protectively around me. I missed this, the feeling of being in love and it felt great to have it back.

The next day I was being lazy and layed down on the couch watching Despicable me. When Roc came home from work I was still watching the movie.

"Roc!" I exclaimed like a child, running to him. I jumped up and wrapped my legs around him.

"Well miss me much?" He laughed.

"Mhm. I thought about you all day."

"Really? Cuz all day I've been thinking about Beyoncè."

I got off him and slapped his arm.

"Just Kidding!" He laughed, throwing his arms around my torso.

"Ewww! It's hot outside and you're all sweaty!" I screamed.

He let me go and laughed. "Take a shower with me?"

"Nah, I already took one. You go shower and I'll fix something to eat k?"

"You're ganna cook tonight?"

"That's what I said."

"Well I'll hurry up then! Can you make chicken?"

I kissed his cheek. "Chicken it is."

He ran up the stairs and I laughed to myself, heading off to the kitchen to start cooking.

We ate dinner quietly, only the sounds of spoons clanking against our plates kept the room from being silent. When we finished eating Roc volunteered to clean up and was acting overly nice, I wasn't sure why.

"Rain." He said as he sat next to me on the couch. "I wanna go hang out with the guys tonight."

No wonder he was being so nice! I sat straight up, my back stiff. "Oh, and...will there be drinking?"

He looked away from me and towards the TV. "Probably."

"Will YOU be drinking?"

He still hadn't looked away from the TV. "Yeah."

I stood up and glared at him. "Go Roc. Leave go drink with your friends!"

"Rain, don't be mad!"

"Don't be mad!? How can I not be!? You promised me no more drinking and now you admit that you're ganna go do it!"

"It's not a big deal..." He attempted to argue.

"It is a big deal when after you drink you come home and hit me! Not only you lost a baby Roc, I did too! And ever since it happened I have felt so alone, needing closure. You need to give me that. Talking to my brother, or Angie or Justin, that doesn't help me! They don't understand, but YOU can!"

"Wait wait wait! JUSTIN? The kid from 11th grade, you've been talking to him!? Don't."

I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes. "Why not? You still have GIRL friends, I can have guy ones."

"Ok fine, just not him! He likes you Rain, he always has! I don't want you talking to him."

Oh what would he say if he knew I spent a week at his house...

"Well I don't want you drinking. I guess we both lose."

He glared at me before storming out, slamming the door behind him. I repacked a bag, I needed to leave before he came back drunk. I picked up my phone and scrolled through my contacts till I saw "Justin".