10

*ROC*

I sat in the back corner of a coffee shop until it got dark and my coffee was so cold that the sugary flavor disappeared and I continued to sip on what tasted like black coffee.

"Excuse me sir. We're about to close." A waitress told me.

I looked around at the now empty shop and sighed, I didn't even notice I was the only customer still there. I flashed the waitress a flirty smile and she flipped her hair innocently. Just imagining the look on Rain's face if she were here to see me flirting with this random girl was enough to stop me.

"Sorry, I'll go." I told her.

I grabbed my coat and walked out to the parking lot where I sat in my car for about another two hours. When I stepped into the house it was just past midnight and I finally felt something other than sadness, I felt tired. Images of Rain all bruised and beat up ran through my head on and endless loop and I felt the same guilt she must have been feeling when she told me about Justin.

When I opened the bedroom door the light was on and Rain was smiling and laughing.

"Shut up my baby is ganna be beautiful!" She stopped talking when she saw me. "I'll call you tommorow, he's home. Love you too, bye."

"Who was that?" I kicked off my shoes and shut off the light.

"It was Angie. I was feeling stressed and she made me feel better."

I nodded and pulled my shirt over my head, I always slept shirtless.

"So where did you go? Were you with a girl?"

I got on the bed and kissed her cheek. "No. I went to get coffee and think."

She frowned. "This whooole time you were just thinking?"

I lifted her into my lap and ran my fingers through her hair. "Yup."

I put her arms up and slid off her shirt.

"Roc not now." She told me.

I held her waist and smiled. "I know, I just wanted to see your beauty."

All her bruises and cuts had finally healed and dissapeared, her skin was once again flawless and I missed seeing it that way. She got out of my lap and layed down on her side under the covers, ready for bed.

"Rain I can't sleep if you're mad at me."

"Roc. You can't just leave when you're upset ok? I left to protect myself, you left to hurt me. That's not fair."

I crawled up to her and lifted her leg so that it went across my hip. My eyes fell on her light pink bra and I lost focus.

"Roc, hello. Roc." She said as she snapped her fingers.

"Sorry. Uhm, but you're right ok. I need to stop running, I'll try to ok?"

She nodded and tried to pull her leg off me, but I held it.

"Don't go." I told her. "Don't move."

"Roc."

"Rain."

"Roc!"

"Rain Johnson!"

She laughed and tried again to pull her leg away.

"Stooop." She whined."

"No you stop." I said back.

"Ugh I hate you."

I pecked her lips. "Nah, you know you love me."

She kissed me back gently and smiled. "Yeah I do love you."

"And I love you more Rain."

She quit trying to pull away from me and when she fell asleep I moved her leg down and turned over on my side, not facing her. A second later I felt her tap my shoulder and I turned around, worried.

"What's wrong?" I asked in my sleepy voice.

She didn't answer, instead she just shut her eyes.

"Uh Rain..."

She turned away and slowly backed into me.

"I didn't say let go." She whispered.

I put my arm over her until my palm was flat against the small bump of her stomach. I kissed her shoulder and held her close.