36

*ROC*

"Are you sure she won't expect anything?" I asked Angie over the phone.

"Positive! She's ganna be so excited. Just make sure you make her feel like nothing is going on."

"I don't know...she said no party Ang."

"So? She doesn't want a party cuz she thinks it'll suck. And because of me, it won't!"

"Oook." I replied slowly. I heard the key in the front door and freaked out. "Gotta go she's back!" I said quickly and hung up my phone, tucking it behind my back.

"Roc I'm ho--." She smiled at Destiny and I before sitting beside me on the couch and pulling of her black heels. "Hi baby."

"Hey. Long day?" I asked.

"Ugh! You have NO idea." She sighed. "My photographer was late and they had me in my bathing suit sitting by the damn ice cold water till he arrived! I couldn't feel my fingers the first half of the shoot."

"Awww." I said, grabbing her hand with my free hand.

"Gimme my baby."

I laughed and handed her Destiny. I watched the way she looked into her eyes and grabbed her little fingers. The connection that they had was obvious just by the way they looked at eachother. Rain was such an amazing mother.

"Hi babg girl. You have fun with Daddy?" Rain asked, in her baby voice. "I bet you did. I bet you did."

I rolled my eyes and laughed. "Rain stop talking like that."

She looked away from Destiny and glared at me. "Oh what like you don't do it when no one's around?"

I just smiled, yes I did use my baby voice with Des, when I was alone. "I don't have to answer that."

"Mmmhmm." She mumbled. "Well I'll go make dinner now. Take Des."

"No." I shook my head. "I can see how exhausted you are. I'll go make you a nice big sandwhich with fresh Italian bread."

She smiled from ear to ear. "Oh god this is why I married you."

I rolled my eyes and walked to the kitchen. No matter how long Rain and I had been together everyday felt like it was the first. I still got nervous around her, and felt uncomfortable and shy when she looked at me a certain way. The spark between us never died or calmed down, and I wished it would stay that way.

"Here you are Princess." I told Rain, walking into the living room with her plate and glass of Pepsi.

I set them both down on the table and put Destiny in her bouncy seat and faced her towards the TV. I put my arm around Rain and watched Ridiculousness while she finished eating.

"Thanks." She said eventually. "Best sandwhich I have ever had."

I smirked, still looking at the TV. "I know I'm just a boss like that."

She hit me in my stomach and moved into my lap.

"Shut up." She laughed.

She wrapped her arms around my neck and moved her feet out onto the couch. I looked down and her head was pressed against my chest. After a few minutes she fell asleep. When Des started fussing I slipped Rain off my lap and carried Destiny up to her crib.

"Goodnight Angel." I said, kissing her forehead and shutting off her light.

I went back downstairs and looked at Rain with makeup on her face and still in her photoshoot outfit.

"Baby." I whispered. She groaned and I laughed. "I'm ganna put you in bed."

"Ok." She mumbled.

I tucked an arm under her back and the other in the indent behind her knee. When I lifted her up she wrapped her arms around my neck and her head was on my chest again. I was careful not to hit her head or feet against anything as I carried her up the stairs.

When I layed her on the bed she put herself under the covers. I shut our door and turned off the light, leaving the TV on. After I pulled off my shirt I got in the bed. Rain rubbed her eyes and sat up.

"You ok?" I asked.

She nodded sleepily and pulled off her shirt and slid off her shorts, left in a bikini she'd worn for the shoot.

"I gotta take off this makeup." She groaned.

"Leave it." I said.

"I can't. It'll get all over everything. Ugh!" She sighed and went to the bathroom, the sink water ran for a while and then she came back out with a clear face.

"Goodnight." I told her.

She came close to me and but one of her legs between mine, rubbing hers against mine.

"Goodnight Roc."

I wrapped one arm around her back and pulled her closer before kissing her forehead and shutting my eyes.