11

*RAIN*

Roc and I had went 5 months with no arguments, and all of our focus had just been on me staying as calm as possible.

"Roooc!" I yelled. "Roc!"

I heard his feet rushing up the stairs and his eyes were wide in fear.

"Baby, baby what's the matter!?" He panicked.

I exhaled and smiled, putting my hand on my bump.

"The baby's kicking!"

Roc came over to the bed and put pillows behind my back to support it.

"May I?" He asked.

"Of course you can feel!" I laughed.

Roc layed with his head near my stomach and he felt around until the baby kicked.

"Ooh you feel that?" I asked him.

"Mmhm." He smiled.

Tears built in my eyes as I watched the sun shine down on Roc and my stomach through the open window. I rubbed his bare back and continued to enjoy the feeling of the baby kicking me until it stopped.

"Dang it." He sighed.

I laughed at his dissapointment. "It's ganna happen again."

"It better." He folded his arms like a child and huffed.

"Roc..lets call Doctor Meyers. I wanna know the sex of the baby...everything has been going so well, and I only have 3 more months."

He nodded and stood. "I'll go call."

I watched him leave the room and I quickly walked to the nursery. A feeling of relief came over me, instead of a feeling of guilt or sadness.

"Hi baby." I said to no one. "I hope you're happy up there in heaven, because I finally feel some happiness down here."

I got chills and I smiled, I felt slight pressure on my stomach...as if someone was touching me, a tiny, tiny hand.

"We're ganna go find out if it's a boy or girl. I promise to tell you."

"Hey Rain I ju--" Roc cut off his sentence when he realized I wasn't in the room.

"In here!" I yelled.

He smiled before entering.

"I just talked to doctor Meyer's and she said she can fit us in right now if we hurry."

"Oh alright."

He took my hand and lead me down the stairs. I slid my swollen feet into my flip flops that waited by the door and went with Roc to the car. When Dr.Meyers entered her office she smiled from ear to ear.

"Always a pleasure seeing you two. Goodness you two are perfect." She said as she flipped through pages on her clip board.

Roc squeezed my hand. "Thanks Doc."

"Alrighty lets get started. It says here you want your ultra sound picture and to know the sex of the child correct?"

I nodded and she helped to lay me down and fold back my shirt. I flinched at the cold gel that spread all over my stomach. Roc stood near Doc's computer screens and I watched the one that would show the baby.

"Amazing." She gasped. "I thought for sure you were having another boy. Congratulations on your baby girl."

My mouth fell open and eyes began to water. "What do you mean ANOTHER?"

She stayed looking at the screen. "Your... last baby was a boy, didn't you know?"

"No." Roc answered for me. "We never bothered to ask."

I used a napkin to wipe the gel off me and sat up in a rush, tears poured out of me. "Roc I need you!"

He sat beside me and I leaned into his chest. A boy. I lost a baby boy. I lost a son...Roc lost a son.

"It's ganna be ok baby." He said in attempt to calm me.

"I promise you that everything is great, better than great. You're on the road for a perfect delivery Rain." Doc told me.

"Thank you. Can we please just have the picture."

"Of course, hold on one moment and I'll be right back."

When she left I shook my head at Roc. "I wanna go to the car. You wait here."

I slowly, carefully walked to the car and sat in the passenger seat with my head on the dashboard. After all this time of not knowing I finally knew. I lost my little boy, and now was having a girl. I could have given Roc a son, he wanted a boy, he never said it, but I just...knew.