22

*ROC*

When I came home from work my mouth watered at the aroma that overwhelmed me when I opened the front door.

"Honey I'm home!" I laughed to myself.

Rain walked in wearing a beautiful red gown and black heels.

"Welcome home hubby."

I took off my jacket and put it on the couch.

"Why so dressy? Where is Destiny?"

"She's upstairs asleep."

She walked up to me, kissing my cheek.

"Oh great, do I have a red lipstick stain on my face now?"

"No." She laughed.

She grabbed my hand and pulled me to the kitchen where two plates of grilled fish, white rice, and buttered bread roles waited for us.

"It's the anniversary of the first night we said we loved each other."

I smiled. "Oh yeah! It had been raining out and you called me in the middle of the night."

"Mhhm." She nodded.

"Baby I am so sorry, I forgot."

"It's ok." She told me. "Lets eat."

To no surprise the food was delicious and I promised Rain I would clean up and was the dishes.

"Well what do you wanna do now?" I asked her.

"I would really enjoy laying in bed for the rest of the night watching movies."

"Sounds like a plan." I agreed.

I scooped her up in my arms and we went upstairs. We both changed into T-shirts and sweats and she took off her makeup.

"This reminds me of how we were in High School." I told her.

"Yeah, same."

I held her close to me and all was well until the baby started crying and I paused the movie so we could take care of her.