24

*ROC*

I sat in the nursery's rocking chair and rocked slowly with Des in my arms. I felt like I could look into her eyes forever, I never wanted her to grow up. The world was bound to hurt her and the realization scared me. One day a boy was ganna like her, she was ganna like the boy, they were ganna fall in love and I was ganna have to share her. I didn't wanna share...I wanted to be the only guy in her life. I watched her eyes flutter as she fought sleep, but she finally let them close. I took the time to talk to the big guy upstairs.

"Thank you." I started. "Thank you for bringing Rain into my life, thank you for not taking her away, and thank you for Destiny." I kissed her cheek.

"I know I'm not your favorite person in the world, I've made a lot of mistakes that I still beat myself up over. I don't think I could live without Rain in my life. I would go crazy!...But you know that." I laughed. "Let us both grow old with her please. Let us be the best parents to our child that we can be."

I ran my finger over Destiny's little curls, her hair was ganna be curly like mine, I could already tell. "And my son..I hope you are taking care of him. I hope he was the last lesson we had to learn. I promise to be different, better. I'm a man now and I'm ganna prove that to you."

I got up and put Destiny in her crib, watching her for a few seconds.

"Thank you for it all." I whispered before shutting out the light and turning on the baby monitor, then I quietly shut the door.

"Rain?" I whispered as I got in bed.

"Mmm." She groaned.

"You know I love you right?" I asked her.

"Mhhm."

I brushed hair away from her eyes. "You are so beautiful."

She put her finger on my lips with her eyes still closed. "That's nice. Shhh."

"You tired?" I laughed.

She barely nodded and then put her head on my chest. I rubbed her head gently while I pictured waking up everyday knowing I had her and Destiny. When I fell asleep I was smiling. ♡