3

*RAIN*

I sat on the edge of the couch closest to the front door and held on tightly to my phone, praying it would go off before the door swung open. I almost didn't hear the ring over my heart beat.

"Hello." He said. "I'm outside."

I grabbed my duffel bag and ran out the door, slamming it behind me. When I got in the car I couldn't have been more relieved to see my distant friend.

"You ok Rain?" He asked.

"Yeah. Thanks for this Justin."

I smiled at the realization that he had on the same purple hoodie on that he did the first time I met him. As the duration of the drive seemed to be never ending I calmed myself, slumped in the seat, and let my eyes close.

Those few minutes of sleep that I got felt like a piece heaven in comparison to the sleep I'd barely been getting the past few months.

"Rain. Rain, we're here." Justin whispered, softly shaking me. I groaned, still in a sleepy state and he laughed before undoing my seat belt and lifting me into his arms, my duffel bag over his shoulder.

I managed to whisper a quiet, almost silent thank you, as he laid me in a bed and pulled the blanket over me. For the first time in too long I felt safe, Roc would never have been expecting me to be here, and he didn't even know where Justin lived. I closed my eyes again and allowed myself to drift into a deep, much needed sleep.