6

*ROC*

"Hey Ray, goin to the bar tonight?" I asked.

"Nah, we all got stuff to do, Rain still not home?"

"No. And it's almost been 3 weeks. Ray I don't know what to do."

"Well...uh...first of all stop drinking. Secondly stop taking days off work before you're late with rent again, and third...call her."

"I have man, she never answers! And she ignores my texts."

"Leave a message, keep calling, keep texting. Roc you're hella lucky to still have that girl after all you've done and put her through, any other chick woulda been left you."

I held my phone tighter and ran my fingers through my hair with my free hand.

"I know. I know. You're right."

"Look man I gotta go, clean up and get to bed so you can work tommorow alright?"

"Ok Ray. Thanks."

He hung up and the first thing I did was shower. Looking around and seeing her Shampoo bottles, and pink brushes everywhere was a painful reminder that although she didn't move out, she wasn't with me. As the water ran down my body I heard a noise and paused, waiting to see if I heard more. When I didn't I resumed washing up, dried quickly, and got dressed.

When I opened the bathroom door the light in the room was on and I imagined Rain sitting on the bed. I missed her so muh and I just wanted her to be home where she belonged! With me! I grabbed my phone and called Rain's phone, letting it ring until I heard the voicemail tone.

"Hey Rain. It's me again. I just...really miss you and I want you back home. Please. Baby I love you. I just really...just please call me. Bye." I hung up and formed a new text.

-Goodnight my love. Please come home.

Rain- I'm with my dad. In NewYork.

I dropped my phone and went to sleep, not wanting to throw it at a wall and break my only one. Did her dad know about everything? Was he ganna fire me? Would he let Rain and I be together?