Chapter 35

Final Chapter........

2 months later.............

I sighed, looking around. I was working in Seth's store. It was pretty quiet today. I had come here straight from a lecture. Alice had started working at a school not far from our apartment, and loved it.

The door opening, caught my attention. I looked up, and saw a guy walk in. I recognised him from the photo's Alice had. It was her brother, Edward. He smiled and asked me about something, I told him where he could find it and he thanked me.

He got what he needed and payed.

"So, are you going to NYU?"

I nodded, he clearly didn't recognise me.

"Yeah, I'm studying English."

He nodded, and I had to stop myself from smiling. I wanted to see how long it would take him to recognise me. Alice had told me that she showed him photo's of us.

"Yeah? How's that going?"

"I just started so it's going OK right now."

He nodded and we talked for a little while. When he asked me out, I couldn't keep a straight face anymore.

"What?"

I shook my head, and he just looked even more confused.

"I'm sorry, I was waiting to see if you'd recognise me. Don't you know who I am?"

His eyes widened as I spoke.

"Bella!"

I nodded, and he just looked at me, shocked.

"Right."

"I'm sorry, Bella. I haven't seen my sister in months, and I've been so busy lately."

I shook my head, smiling.

"It's OK. Don't worry. It's nice to finally meet you."

He smiled, and left after I told him it was OK, and not to worry about it.

I got home a little while later, and sat on the couch. School wasn't over yet, and Alice normally stayed for a little while after school.

But, today was a little different. About 15 minutes after school finished for her, she walked in. She didn't look happy and I could tell something had happened.

"What's wrong, pixie?"

She threw her stuff down on the table and sat down, running her hand through her hair. Something had happened and it seemed to be really bothering her.

"Today was just a .......... It was a nightmare."

I moved a little closer, but kept a little space between us. She sighed and looked at me. I had been sitting back, relaxing when she came in. But, she seemed to want a bit more comfort than I was offering. She moved closer, hugging me. OK, something bad had happened.

"What happened, pixie?"

She took a deep breath, but didn't lift her head. I had a free period for the last class, so I decided to get some work done. So, about 5 minutes after the class started, Kenneth walked in."

Oh great, from what she had told me, this guy was a complete idiot. He was in one of her classes and always causing trouble. she can handle it, but it doesn't meant that I have to like him. But, lately he seemed to bee calming down.

"He said he was having problems with something and walked up to my desk. I was standing by the desk. He asked me if I would explain something to him. It was the same thing that you had trouble with the first day you stayed back. So I just wrote out the same thing I showed you and gave it to him. He thanked me, and I told him to go over it. I stood up, and walked around the desk. I was feeling kinda nervous, but he was a student. I can't say no if one of them asks for help. He was standing by my desk, putting his stuff away and he was talking about something. He was a little to close and I moved away, but he just smiled. But, before I could react he kissed me."

I had my arms around her, and I gently squeezed her shoulders.

"I ............... Oh Alice, I hope you got him in trouble for that."

"Yeah, I spent the rest of that class talking about it. He's gonna be in big trouble for this."

"Good."

I couldn't get what happened to Alice off my mind, when I was in a lecture a few days later. I couldn't believe he done that! He was taken out of her class and suspended.

I got out of class a little while later, and went home. I was home later than Alice on Fridays. I walked in and sat on the couch. the door to the kitchen was next to the living room. So, I was surprised when I saw two kittens stick their heads around the door.

"Alice, why are two cats looking at me?"

"Seth's cat had kittens and brought them over. I tried to tell him that I needed to talk to you, but he wouldn't listen. Please tell you aren't allergic."

She was in the bedroom, and walked out, smiling.

"No, I'm not. I'm just surprised."

They walked over to me and one of them nudged my leg.

"So, what's this little guys name?"

"Does he have a smudge on his nose?"

I looked down at him, scratching his head. He had a small smudge on his nose.

"Yeah. Did Seth name them?"

Alice sat next to me, picking up the other cat.

"He did. I don't know where he got the names from. This one is Cody, and the one trying to eat your shoe is Captain Cuddles."

I looked down and she was right. The little guy was trying to eat my shoes. But ........... Captain Cuddles?

"Where did he get the names from?"

She shook her head, looking down at Cody.

"I don't know, but I think they're cute."

She moved a little closer, and I picked up the cat by my leg.

"Well, captain we can't have you doing that. Come on."

I put him on my lap, looking at Alice.

"How are you after everything?"

"I'm OK. He's staying away."

I nodded, I was so worried about her when she told me what happened.

"Good."

"Bella."

I looked up at her, and she was watching me.

"What?"

"I want to tell you something."

I nodded and she took a deep breath.

"Bella, when I kissed you that day after school, I finally felt like I could open up to someone after what happened. When you were attacked ........ I just wanted to be there for you and make you understand that it wasn't you fault. Telling you what happened to me, even what I said after the party .......... That was hard for me. When you said that you still wanted to be with me, it meant a lot to me. I was worried about how you would react. But, you stayed and you helped me see that it was OK to get close to you. I love you, Bella. That's never going to change."

I kissed her.

"That ......... Alice, all I wanted was to be there for you and help you through everything. I know that was hard for you, but I wanted it to be at your pace. I wanted you to tell me what you wanted, when you felt like you could. I love you to, Alice. And I always will."