Chapter 23

I walked into the living room. It was the Saturday before both of our birthdays. Mine was the following Friday and hers was the next day. We were laying on the couch, in my house. Lucy and Angela had gone out, so I suggested we spend some time in my house. We were always in her apartment. I turned to look at her, as she told me about something. She was smiling and laughing. It ............ Well, distracted me a little ............. OK, OK, a lot.

"Bella!"

I blinked, shaking my head.. It's not my fault, that she has this effect on me.

"Sorry, I got a little distracted. What were you saying?"

She shook her head, looking at me.

"Never mind. What time do-"

The door opening cut her off. Initially, I thought it was my dad, but he was spending the weekend with Billy. No, Angela and Lucy walked in. Lucy had been helping Angela relax, which was good. Alice and I were laying on the couch, and I had my arms around her. I didn't move, and Alice looked at me.

"Hey, we thought you-"

"No, we decided to stay here."

Lucy looked at us, and Angela seemed nervous. Alice looked unsure, but I nudged her, letting her know it was OK. It was just Angela and Lucy. I don't know how I would've explained this to my dad.

"Oh, OK. We didn't know."

I shook my head. I was OK, being like this around them. They knew and had no problem with it. Alice, was a little nervous, but I reassured her that it was OK. It was only 1 o'clock, what were they doing back?

"What are you doing back?"

"Angela's brothers were annoying us."

I nodded, and they walked over to us. I looked down at Alice, who was talking to Angela. She knew about her and Lucy and was trying to get her to talk about it. Angela was blushing, so I knew she was talking about it. Angela put down her bag, and her camera fell out. One of her hobbies, lately anyway, was photography.

I stood up, getting a drink. I was OK leaving Alice with them. She had gotten to know them lately and this wasn't the first time they'd done this. I sat on the side of the couch and Lucy sat on the other side of her. Angela was in the armchair across from us, smiling. I could see from the look on her face, that she was planning something. She kept looking at us, and looking at her camera. I knew what she was doing, and shook my head.

"So, you looking forward to next week?"

We smiled at Lucy. I knew I was, and I was excited about giving Alice her gift.

"I know I am."

Alice looked at me, shaking her head.

"You think I'm not? Oh that's great-"

"OK, we get it. You're both excited!"

I looked at Lucy, who was laughing. I shook my head, moving a little closer to Alice. I put my arm around her shoulders, and she relaxed a little. She was still nervous around them, but it was better when I was close to her. I looked at Angela, who's hand was edging closer to her camera. Alice was looking at Lucy, and I didn't think she noticed.

"Angela, could you get me a drink please?"

Lucy looked at Angela, who nodded and went into the kitchen. She gave the drink to Lucy and sat down. She winked at me, and I nudged Alice who looked at me. She was leaning back against me, and I kissed her cheek. Angela took the photo, and Alice freaked out.

"Bella!"

She was more annoyed at me than Angela, knowing I'd seen it coming. I shrugged and she glared at me.

"OK, we're gonna go before one of you kills one of us."

They left and Alice looked at me, waiting for an explanation.

"It's just a photo. Angela, can I see?"

She was getting her jacket.

"Crap. My memory was full."

I raised an eyebrow, something wasn't right.

"Hand it over."

She did, but I didn't realise she'd taken out the memory card. It was full of pictures of the 3 of us.

"OK, fine."

They left and I sat next to Alice.

"I'm-"

"It was just a photo. I thought it'd be cute."

She leaned against me, and I assumed I was forgiven.

"Yeah, maybe another time."

My dad walked in on Wednesday, and I gave him something. He thanked me, and I sat down. I wanted to ask him about the weekend.

"Hey, can I ask you something?"

He looked at me, concerned.

"Is something wrong, Bella?"

I shook my head.

"No, I was just wondering if Lucy and I could spend the weekend at Angela's?"

My birthday was that weekend, and I wanted to spend it with my friends. Nothing wrong with that.

"OK, you can go there after school on Friday. As long as Lucy stays back for her extra class and you do all your homework. I know you have a lot coming up, right?"

I nodded. I'd expected this and knew he was right.

"Of course dad. Angela knows that Lucy is dyslexic, and understands she finds things tough. We're all in the same English class. We'll do all our work, I promise. You're right, we have a lot coming up."

He nodded, looking at me.

"Then, it's OK. Keep your phone on, and call me if you need anything, OK?"

"I will, I promise. Thanks dad."

He nodded, and I went upstairs to do my homework. I'd promised everyone I'd tell them what he said. They were happy he'd agreed, and Angela said she'd stay beck for Lucy's extra class. She was really supportive, when it came to Lucy's dyslexia.

I got up on Friday, and got ready. My dad had gotten me a new iPod. I thanked him, and downloaded all my stuff to it. I thanked him again and grabbed my stuff. He told me to enjoy Angela's and I left. Lucy had given me an iTunes voucher and Angela gave me a wrapped gift.

"Don't open that until after school."

I put it in my bag, and thanked her. I wonder what that is?

I walked into Alice's class, and she looked up at me. I sat next to her, looking at her.

"Hey, happy birthday. Get anything nice?"

I nodded, thinking about what Angela gave me.

"Yeah, my dad gave me an iPod. Lucy gave me an iTunes voucher. Angela gave me something, but told me not to open it until after school."

"Well, school's over now. But, would it be OK if we stayed for a little while? These need to be done by today."

I shook my head. I'd assumed we'd be staying back and even though I didn't have much to do, I didn't mind.

"It's fine. I thought we would be. I have a bit of work to do anyway."

I sat in one of the desks and Alice started working. I quietly opened Angela's gift. It was a sketch book. I looked up at Alice, who didn't seem to notice what I was doing. I put it in my bag, and started working on my history homework. It didn't take long.

I looked up at Alice, she seemed pretty busy and I didn't want to say anything and disturb her. She always got like this when she was grading tests. I took out the sketch book, watching her. She brushed a lock of her dark hair behind her ear, and she was biting her lip. I started sketching her, looking down at what I was doing. I felt my bag fall against my leg and noticed something else. I found some of the stuff that stopped the drawings from smudging. I shook my head. It was wrapped up in the wrapping paper, and I hadn't noticed it. I shook my head, and finished my drawing.

I hadn't noticed Alice was finished, and kept working on my sketch. I rolled it up, and looked up at her.

"Do I get to see that?"

So, she did notice.......................

"But, how did you-"

"I could tell you were watching me."

I blushed, looking away. She put her stuff away, and grabbed her jacket. She walked over to me, and looked at me, waiting. I picked up the drawing, and handed it to her.

"Oh, I am definitely keep this."

That made me blush. My arms were on the desk, and I lay my head down. That made her laugh, and I looked up at her.

"Well, drawing stuff like that-"

"Yeah, yeah. She gave me stuff to stop it fading to."

We went home and I sat on the couch. She sat next to me, cuddling with me. I noticed something next to her, and she handed it to me. I opened it and it was the photo, that Angela said she didn't have. When did she give it to her?

"Alice, this is beautiful. But, how-"

"I .................. I may have asked her to do that."

Oh, sneaky little pixie.

"I love it, pixie. Thank you."

I kissed her, and I could see she was relieved. I looked at the framed photo. She was leaning against me, smiling and laughing as I kissed her cheek.

We cuddled on the couch after getting something to eat. I thought about how she would react to the her gift. I had it in my bag, packed safely so it nothing would happen to it.

I had my arm wrapped around her, and she was curled up beside me. I looked down at her, she was looking at the ring I'd given her. She knew I was watching her, and looked up at me.

"You OK?"

She kissed me, looking up at me.

"I'm fine, baby."

She kissed me, pulling me closer. I wrapped my arms around her, kissing her. She'd been more relaxed about this in the past few weeks, but I always made sure she was the one who decided how far we went.

She pushed me back, straddling me. I was surprised, but kissed her. I didn't want to ............. OK, I'm not thinking straight. She kissed my neck, and I couldn't help the moan that escaped my lips. Her hands had tangled in my hair, as she nipped at my neck. When her kisses went further down my neck, I pulled away.

"Alice, what're you-"

"Ssh. It's OK, baby."

She tried to kiss me again, but I shook my head.

"Alice, we don't have to-"

"Bella, it's OK. I want to."

I woke up the next morning .................. Well, I was woken up the next morning, by a certain someone kissing me. I opened my eyes, to see Alice smiling at me.

"Morning pixie."

She was snuggled up beside me, and I really didn't wanna move.

"Mm, morning baby."

I kissed her, smiling.

"Happy birthday."

Se laughed, sitting up. I sat up, seeing the state the room was in. Clothes. Everywhere ......................

I blushed, remembering the previous night. Alice looked at me, seeing why I was blushing. Her neck was full of hickys, and I was sure mine was.

"Thanks baby. Hey."

I looked at her, and she took my hand. My stomach growling ruined the moment. She laughed, and we got up and dressed. Well, we were wearing sweats. She walked out of the bedroom, stopping in the doorway. I had been looking at her ................ Well, not at her face, put it that way. I blushed as she laughed,, shaking her head. I grabbed my stuff and followed her, as she laughed. Remember, what I said about hickys? My neck was full of 'em................. Good thing, that I had my hoodie.

"Yeah, yeah. Come on."

I made something, and sat next to her. I had her present in my pocket and was waiting for the perfect time to give it to her. She nudged my shoulder, and I looked up.

"What?"

She shook her head, smiling. She took my hand, squeezing it. I smiled at her, as I took her plate. I cleaned up, and sat next to her on the couch.

"Nothing. You're just cute when you zone out. I could've said I was telling my sister about us and you wouldn't have reacted."

"I am not cute."

She shook her head, watching me. I hated when she said stuff like that. I blushed, (What is wrong with me today?!), looking away.

"You are and you know it."

She kissed my shoulder, and I looked at her. I felt like now was the perfect time to give her, her gift. I tugged my hand out of hers and she frowned. I took the wrapped gift out of my pocket and held it out to her. She looked down at it and back up at me a few times, before taking it.

"Baby, I-"

"Open it."

She, (carefully), opened it and her eyes widened, her beautiful blue eyes sparkling.

"Baby, this is beautiful. I-"

"Open it Alice."

She opened the locket, and she smiled.

"I always liked that photo."

I just looked at her, thinking about her reaction to the photo.

"You ........................... I had to pry it away from you. I-"

"Because I was embarrassed that neither of us had seen her! That doesn't mean I didn't like it."

She held it out to my, and I fixed it around her neck.

"I love it, baby. Thank you."

She kissed me, and leaned against me. I was relieved she liked it, and kissed her shoulder.

"Well, I'm glad you like it."

We cuddled for a while, and my phone beeped. I sighed, picking it up. Alice's phone was next to it, and I gave it to her, noticing a message.

"Here, I think there's a message on it."

'Well, did she like it?'

I sighed, running my hand through my hair. Typical Angela.

"Yes. She did. Is Lucy still alive?"

"Angela?"

"Yeah. Asking if you liked that."

I looked at the locket, and back up at he. She looked at her phone, answering a few messages.

'Yeah, she is. Barely. We told my parents this morning. They're fine with it. She wants to tell Charlie tomorrow. That OK with you?'

"They couldn't have told me this yesterday?"

Alice looked up at me, confused.

"Who could've told you what yesterday?"

I showed her the message, and she nodded.

"Yeah, they could've given you a little more notice. He'll be fine with it. He won't them be alone for long though."

"True. At least it's my dad and not hers. He wanted to throw her out, but she convinced him to ask my dad. He took her in and she .......... Well, she seems much happier. When I'm not tempted to strangle her."

That made her laugh and she put her phone down after answering a message.

"Be nice to your cousin."

"Be nice to your brother."

She shook her head, hitting my shoulder playfully.

"You're asking the impossible, baby."

"So are you. She annoys me."

"Yeah. But, don't worry, he'll be fine with it."

"You need anything else?"

Alice shook her head, as I handed her something to eat for lunch.

"I'm fine, baby. Sit down."

I sat next to her, taking her hand, forgetting she may need it.

"I'm not getting that back, am I?"

I shook my head, tugging her arm playfully.

"Nope. Mine now."

She laughed, pretending to tug it away. I squeezed her hand gently as she tugged her hand, as we started laughing. I tugged her closer, kissing the top of her head. I still hadn't let go of her hand, but when she tugged a bit more, I let go. She wrapped her arms around my waist, after she'd finished. I hugged her, kissing her neck.

"Mm."

Oh right. I nearly forgot about that.

We cuddled on the couch with each other, talking for the day. OK, OK, we may have done a little more than cuddle. But, it was her birthday. We had pizza for dinner, sitting on the couch.

I kissed her, looking up at her. I was really glad I'd brought that hoodie. She moved, pulling me to my feet. She kissed me, leading me to the bedroom.

The last thing I remember is tumbling to the bed, and her pulling off my top ..................................

I woke up, cuddled up to Alice. I looked up at her, to see she was still sleeping. Her neck was full of hickys, something that made me smile. She stirred, looking at me, sleepy.

"Mm, morning."

"Morning, pixie."

She blinked, yawning. Sleepy pixie is adorable. I smiled as she stretched.

"What time is it?"

I checked and noticed it was 10:30.

"It's 10:30."

My phone beeped with a message and I picked it up.

"We're going to your house at around 1:30. Just so you know. Apparently your dad is getting back around 3."

I put my phone down, and looked at Alice. I moved over to her and kissed her.

"Mm. Who was that?"

"Just Angela. They're going back to my house at 1:30. My dad's coming home around 3. A little earlier than we thought."

She nodded, looking at my neck.

"You're gonna have to hide that."

I shook my head. I wasn't worried about that.

"It's fine. I have my hoodie. How are you gonna hide it though? In class?"

She shook her head, sitting up.

"Don't worry. Yours are more noticeable."

Looking at her, I could see she was right. Mine were all over my neck, hers were lower down, on her collarbone and a little higher. One of her shirts should hide it.

"Yeah, I'll just wear a hoodie, don't worry about it."

We got up and got ready. I grabbed something to eat, and sat on one of the stools by the counter. I watched her, as she sat next to me.

"What do you think your dad will say?"

I shrugged, I knew he'd be fine with it. He just wouldn't let them be alone when he was in the house.

"He'll be fine. He just won't leave them alone, when he's in the house."

She nodded, smiling.

"Yeah."

I had to leave a little while later. I didn't want to leave so early, but I had to get back. It wouldn't look good if Lucy and Angela turned up and I wasn't there.

"I'll see you tomorrow. OK?"

Alice nodded, looking at me. I could see that she didn't want me to leave so early.

"OK."

"Hey."

She looked up at me. I kissed her, leaning my forehead against hers.

"I don't wanna go either. But' I'll see you tomorrow, OK pixie?"

She nodded, kissing me again.

"OK, I love you, baby."

"I love you to, pixie."