Chapter 24

I walked in, adjusting my hoodie. I hadn't wanted to go home so soon, but I had to be there when he got back. Trying to explain why I wasn't there ........... I didn't even want to consider that.

Lucy and Angela walked down the stairs, holding hands. It was kinda warm out, and they eyed the hoodie. I walked up to my room, throwing my stuff, in my room, and walked into Lucy's room. We sat on the bed, and no one said anything until Lucy broke the silence.  

"What's with the hoodie?"

I glared at her, and Angela shook her head.

"Leave her alone, Lucy."

She turned to me.

"Did she like the gift?"

The conversation was making Angela nervous. She was new to all of this, and it was to soon, for her to be considering that. I looked at her, nodding.

"Yeah, she loved it. Which reminds me, how did you-"

"She asked me to take one. I gave it to her, that day I was late to English."

I shook my head. She said she'd slept late.

"You said you'd .............. I'm gonna get you for that."

"Somehow, I doubt you'd do that."

She moved closer to Lucy, who took her hand.

"Plus Lucy will protect me. Won't you Lucy?"

Lucy laughed, looking at her girlfriend.

"Of course I will. Don't worry."

Lucy looked at me, and I shook my head. We talked for a little while, before my dad arrived. We heard the door open and we walked downstairs. He smiled at us, taking off his coat.

"Hey, did you 3 enjoy your weekend?"

"Yeah, we did, dad. How's Billy?"

He sat in the armchair, and we sat on the couch. Lucy next to Angela.

"He's good."

"Uncle Charlie, we need to tell you something."

My dad looked at me, turning to look at Lucy.

"It's Charlie, Lucy. Is something wrong?"

She shook her head, taking a deep breath. She looked at Angela, before turning back to my dad.

"No, it's nothing like that. It's just that ................... Well, Angela and I are dating."

My dad seemed surprised, but he wasn't angry.

"Well, I can't say I'm surprised. You 3 have been spending a lot of time together."

We looked at one another, trying not to laugh. 2 of us had been spending time together, but he didn't need to know that.

"Are you OK with it?"

My dad shook his head, looking at Lucy.

"Look at me. Both of you."

Angela looked up at my dad. I knew he wanted them to know he was OK with it. He looked at me, making sure I knew this applied to me to.

"As long as the person that you're with treats you right. It doesn't matter who it is. If they treat you right, that's all that matters. Understand?"

Angela left, after they both hugged him. What he said .......... It meant a lot to them.