Chapter 16

Christmas was fairly quiet. My dad got me a new laptop, which I thanked him several times for. I told Angela about what Alice had said, and she was surprised but happy that she had liked the gift.

I got up, and there was a knock on the door. My dad was out, so I wasn't expecting anyone. I opened the door, to see a very upset Angela.

"Angela? What's wrong?"

She walked in, sitting on the couch.

"Eric cheated on me!"

"What?!"

He had always looked so happy with her. I knew she really cared about him, even if the guy was an idiot.

"Yeah, I was walking in the park and I seen him kiss Jessica. I confronted them, and he tried to talk his way out of it. I didn't listen, I'm not blind, I know what I saw. He said something about me not caring about him, and that Jessica actually cares. She just stood there, smirking at me."

So, he left Angela ....................... For Jessica. Good God, that boy is stupid.

"I always knew that boy was stupid. He's not worth it, Angela."

She took off her glasses, pinching the bridge of her nose. Something she did when she was really pissed.

"I just can't believe I caught them kissing! I just-"

"Do I need to repeat myself?"

She put her glasses back on and looked at me. She's practically blind without her glasses. I couldn't believe he was that stupid. And to get caught in the park!! I know I said he was stupid, but this was ridiculous.

"I know what you said, but I actually caught them kissing in the park!"

I nodded, and listened to her rant.

"I'm sorry, Bella. I-"

"Don't you dare apologise! He's the one who ................... Oh, he's an idiot. A complete and utter idiot."

She really cared about him. She really did, I could see it. He had been there when everything happened with Mitch. He understood, when she had to stay with me. But, he obviously didn't care enough about her. I listened to her rant, and by the time she was done, I was pretty sure she'd used every profanity I'd ever heard.

"I'm sorry, Bella. I-"

"Don't you dare apologise! He's the idiot. He can't see what he's letting go. You'll find someone better than him. Trust me, you will."

We talked for a little while longer, but she had to leave. She had to look after her brothers that night, and her parents wanted her home early. She hugged me before she left, and I told her to let me know if she needed anything.

I walked up to my room, thinking about what had happened between Angela and Eric. She had been so happy with him. But, if he wanted to be with Jessica, then he didn't deserve Angela. She had been my best friend for 6 years, and deserved better than that. My phone beeped, distracting me. It was a message from Alice. She wanted to know how I was. I debated telling her about Angela, and decided to tell her. She'd find out soon enough anyway.

"I'm good. Angela broke up with Eric, though. She caught him kissing another girl in the park today. She came over. I'm pretty sure she used every profanity I've ever heard to describe him."

It was true. I don't think I've ever heard her swear that much.

'That's terrible, baby. What happened?'