Chapter 20

"You ready?"

I looked at Lucy, we were spending today with Angela. It was Saturday, and we didn't have anything else to do. She grabbed her jacket and walked out.

"Yeah. You got everything?"

"Yeah, come on."

They'd been getting along pretty well but I knew nothing, if anything, would happen just yet. With the way the acted around each other, something would happen. But, they'd known each other for a week.

I looked at Lucy, as she watched Angela, who had decided to drag us shopping. They were talking and laughing.

"You OK, Bella?"

I smiled, looking at Angela.

"Yeah, where do you want to go next?"

We stopped, talking. We'd been here for a while, and I really wanted to get out of here. I hate shopping, sue me. They shrugged, looking at each other.

"Lets get something to eat, and then decide. I'm hungry."

I nodded, and followed them. I noticed something, and told them that I'd follow them. I'd noticed something for Alice's birthday and got it. I found them, and got something to eat. I sat next to them and they looked at me, waiting for me to tell them where I'd gone.

"Well, where did you go?"

I looked at Lucy, shaking my head.

"I spotted something for Alice's birthday. Her birthday is the day after mine, the 17th."

"Well, what is it?"

I knew Angela would want to know. She'd reacted the same way at Christmas. I reached into a bag and took out the locket I'd gotten for her. I passed it to them, and they smiled at me. Lucy looked at me, passing it back to me.

"It's beautiful, Bella. What photo are you going to put in?"

I knew the perfect one to put in, and put it away.

"I think I'll use the one someone."

I looked at Angela, who looked away, pretending not to know what I was talking about.

"Took a few months ago." 

Lucy looked at us, confused.

"OK, would someone explain that to me, please?"

I shook my head, taking out my iPod. I'd fixed up the photo, and it was perfect. I passed it to Lucy, who smiled when she seen it.

"She took this a few months ago. We thought she was upstairs. Alice came over after school."

"Was it after the-"

"Yeah, it was. She came over everyday, after school to see me."

Lucy didn't say anything. I put my iPod away and we decided to go home.

We walked in, sitting on Lucy's bed.

"Will you relax? She'll love it, Bella."

I shrugged, I had been talking about how I hoped Alice would like the locket. Lucy shook her head, telling me to relax.

"Yeah, she will, Lucy's right. You're glad I took that now, aren't you?"

I shook my head, looking at her.

"Yeah, yeah. Hey, would you get my charger? It's on my desk."

Angela grumbled, calling me lazy, but walked out. Lucy watched her go, and looked at me. She closed the door behind her.