Chapter 29

Sorry, it's so short. Next one will be longer

It's been 2 weeks since my dad found out. He hasn't tried to talk to me, but Lucy has been over a few times. She was nervous about coming over, not wanting to disturb us. But, I managed to talk her around.

"What time are they coming over at?"

I checked my phone, looking up at Alice. Lucy and Angela were coming over in about 2 hours.

"In about 2 hours. Why?"

I was sitting on the bed, watching her. Somehow, we'd managed to find space for all of my stuff. The photo that she'd given me, was hanging next to the drawing I'd given her.

She smiled, sitting next to me. I immediately cuddled into her side. She laughed, tugging me a little closer. I kissed her neck, noticing all the hickeys that she had.

"I was just wondering. And if you keep doing that we won't be able to get ready in time."

I smiled, kissing her neck again. We were pretty much ready, as it was. She had grabbed one of my hoodies to wear. It was huge on her, and she looked adorable.

"We are ready. You're even wearing one of my hoodies, to hide those hickys."

She moved away, causing me to groan. I'd been enjoying that. She shook her head, looking down at the grey 'proof' hoodie.

"If you keep doing that we won't be. And I can give you back the hoodie if you want."

I shook my head, moving over to her. She had her hands in the little pouch at the front, and I slid my hands in, gripping hers.

"I was just kidding. You look adorable in that. And can you blame me? You're laying next to me, wearing my hoodie. As for the hickys, I have a few more than you to hide, you know."

She knew I was right. I had a jacket on which covered my neck fully. I don't even remember how I got most of them. but, I wasn't exactly complaining, was I?

She smiled, moving to relax against me. I kissed the back of her neck, and her breathing hitched.

"Mm."

I smiled, knowing I'd get around her. She'd been pretty keyed up since this whole thing with my dad happened.

"What was that about not being ready in time?"

She didn't answer me, she just leaned back further against me. I smiled, wrapping my arms around her.

A knock on the door interrupted her. I groaned, that couldn't be them already...................

She started to get off the bed, but I stopped her. I grabbed her hand, and she looked at me.

She shook her head, and pulled me up.

"Don't worry about it. Come on."

She answered the door, letting Lucy and Angela in. They were pretty happy to see us.

"Hey, how are you 2 doing?"

They shrugged, sitting down.

"OK. Uncle Charlie seems ................ Different now that you're actually gone. Like he realises what he's done. When do you 2 leave for New York?"

I looked at Alice. We'd talked about whether we would live together and decided that we would. We would be leaving in early July. To get everything set up.

"3 weeks. Why?"

They looked at each other. Angela was leaning against Lucy, looking at me. Alice sat next to me, putting her drink on the coffee table.

"Just wondering. I guess you 2 will be living together?"

I looked at Alice, who nodded.

"Yeah. We already are, so there's no point in changing it now. Plus we've been looking and found a place."

"Really?"

Lucy seemed surprised, but we needed to find somewhere, and after a lot of looking ............... Well, we found somewhere.

"Yeah. It's close to NYU and Alice's new job."

They stayed for a little while, talking to us and left.

I closed the door walking back into the living room. Alice was looking at her phone, smiling.

"Who is that?"

She looked up at me, looking nervous.

"I've just been asked, no, told to come for a visit. My parents want to see me this weekend."

OK, now I understood why she was nervous.

Would she want me to come with her?