Chapter 26

Alice cuddled up net to me, kissing my neck. It was about 5:30, and I was gonna have to leave soon. I smiled, looking down at her.

"I'm not gonna be able to leave if you keep doing that."

She smiled against my neck, nipping it.

"Alice."

She stopped, looking up at me. I wouldn't be able to leave if that didn't stop. And that may have looked a little suspicious.

"I-"

"I think it may be a little odd if I didn't go home on a school night, seeing as Lucy and Angela are at my house."

She grumbled, and sat up. I moved so I could cuddle her, and she wrapped her arms around me. I lay the cast across her hips and looked up at her.

"Is this OK?"

"Move it up a bit."

I shift so the cast was just below her ribs.

"Better?"

"Yeah."

I kissed her shoulder, laying my head on her shoulder. She started running her fingers through my hair, making me relax.

"I love you, baby."

I looked up at her, kissing her. That fight had really hurt her feelings. If I wasn't such an idiot, and I'd actually listened to her, we could've avoided this. But, when your girlfriend tells you something like that, you tend to lose your sense of reason. Well, most of it.

"I love you to, pixie. I should've listened to you."

She kissed me, sitting up.

"Well, now we don't have to worry about what happens after graduation."

"Yeah, apart from my dad finding out............"

Alice squeezed my hand, making me look at her.

"It'll be OK. Your dad seems nice from what you've said. Apart from what you said about dates."

That made me laugh, as I remembered what he said about dates, and I swore to hide his gun.

"Yeah. I wasn't kidding about that. I'll talk him around. He did tell us that he didn't care who made us happy, as long as they treat us right."

"Yeah. But, I don't think he meant dating your chemistry teacher though. That may-"

"But, you treat me right and make me happy. I'll talk him around."

Alice shook her, looking at me.

"I'm not going to be able to talk sense into you, am I?"

I sat up, looking at her.

"Somehow, I doubt that. Thinking logically around you is kinda difficult."

Alice shook her head, checking her phone.

"Yeah, I can see that."

I got home, when Angela was leaving. She smiled at me, before leaving. Lucy smirked as I ran to my room to get changed. I walked out, to see her waiting for an explanation.

"Well?"

I shook my head. Typical Lucy.

"I went back to English after school. Apparently, one student gets a scholarship to NYU. I got it to study English. Then, I ran into Alice. Literally."

"That's great, Bella! What did-"

"That's where it gets messy."

I walked into her room, and lay back on the bed. She watched me, waiting for me to continue.

"I ran into her. Literally. She asked me what I was doing there, and I told her I had some stuff to do. I noticed something in her hand. I asked her about it, and she told me we needed to talk. So, we went back to her apartment. She was really quiet, and I started to freak out. When we got there, she told me that she'd been offered a job somewhere else."

"So, I started to freak out, asking her if she was really gonna go and leave what we had, and-"

"You're an idiot."

I glared at her, and she shut up.

"Anyway, we had an argument, and she told me it was in New York. And some other stuff, about how much she loves me. We made up, though."

Lucy shook her head, looking at me.

"You're an idiot. But, you're her idiot. That solves the problem of what you 2 are gonna do after graduation."

I nodded, looking at her.

"Yeah, I am. But, that's not gonna help when my dad finds out. I'm just gonna tell him that she makes me happy and treats me right, and I'm not going to leave her. I'm 19, he can't make me. It's going to put you and Angela in awkward positions though."

"Don't worry about us. He won't throw me out. And, there's isn't much he can do to Angela, without someone finding what really happened. I don't know if he'd want people finding out that his daughter had been dating her teacher, without him knowing."

She had a point. But, I was still worried.

"I know, but-"

"It'll be fine, Bella. He'll listen to you, once he calms down."

My dad came home, and I told him about what had happened in school. He was pretty happy for me. I went to bed, happy that Alice and I were OK.

The next few weeks were fairly quiet, apart from everyone talking about graduation. Little did I know, the day after it, would be a complete disaster...................