Chapter 18

The messages from Angela are in Bold.

The messages in Italics are from Alice.

The normal messages are Bella's reply's.

X

"Do you have a constant supply of these?"

Alice laughed, as she handed me a blueberry muffin. It was about 12:45, and I was sitting on the stool by the counter.

"I like them. Hey do you mind if I put on some music? It helps me relax?"

I nodded, I really didn't mine.

"Sure, I don't mind. I usually listen to paramore when I'm upset. Of course, I couldn't do that last time, with a constant headache after hitting my head. What do you want to listen to?"

She walked around me, and I turned. I was always careful not to turn my back on her. She had a thing about people doing that. Especially with what had happened. She grabbed some stuff and picked up a paramore CD. She held up the new one and looked at me.

"This OK?"

I nodded, smiling. I didn't care what it was. If it made her feel better, that was all that mattered.

"Whatever you want, pixie. I don't mind. You feeling OK?"

She nodded, walking over to me. She put the CD on the counter, and looked at me.

"I'm OK, baby. What about-"

"Don't worry about me, pixie. I love you and once you're OK, that's all that matters."

She kissed me, leaning in to me. I took her hand, squeezing it. She didn't pull away, or flinch, so I assumed it was OK.

"Is this OK?" She leaned her head against my shoulder, and I felt her nod..

"I'll take that as a yes, then."

She kissed my shoulder, lifting her head. She put on the CD, and turned it down.

"You don't have to do that, I-"

"If we want to be able to hear each other, I do."

I listened as 'proof' started. She sat on the couch, and I walked over to her. I sat next to her, and looked at her. I looked down at my ring, smiling. I could tell she was watching me, and looked up at her.

"What?"

She shook her head.

"I was just watching you, and thinking about what I said yesterday about you not having to-"

"Alice, we've talked about this. I'm glad that I can be here for you, that you trust me enough to be close to me. Especially last night. I know I was nervous, I didn't want to upset you. Waking up with you was-"

"I know."

I sighed, shaking my head. 'Still in you,' started and made me smile.

"I'm sorry, I'm just worried about you."

She shrugged, and took my hand. I looked at the ring, that I'd given her.

"I'm glad you were here yesterday, you staying really helped."

I left at around 5:30.

I kissed her, pulling on my hoodie. I grabbed my stuff, turning to her.

"I'll talk to you later, OK?"

She nodded.

"OK. I love you, baby."

I kissed her again.