Chapter 2

I didn't do much that weekend, my dad was out for most of it. He was either working out or out with his friend Billy. I decided not to make any major decisions until I was absolutely sure about how I felt. I couldn't even act normal around her. I was actually glad Angela and Mitch weren't in that class now.. It would be difficult to explain, that's for sure.

"Hey, you OK?"

I looked at Angela We were sitting in English, talking.

"Yeah, Mitch was being an ass on Friday. He wanted to fool around, I said no. I didn't want Charlie finding us, he doesn't like Mitch as it is. He just walked out, when I said no."

This didn't surprise her, at all. She just shook her head, and looked out the window. She took a deep breath, and turned to me.

"Bella, are you sure you want to be with this guy?"

Why doesn't that surprise me?

"It's fine. Look, just forget it."

Angela just looked at me. The bell rang and we left, going to lunch.

Mitch looked at me, as I sat down. He didn't say anything, just looked at me. He stood up. and moved closer to sit next to me.

"Hey."

Well, he's talking to me.

"Hey, I'll be right back. I'm going to get something to eat."

I got something and a guy I know, Seth came up to me.

"Hey, can I borrow your history notes?"

"Sure, I'll give them to you after school."

He nodded, and I noticed Mitch watching us. He got up, and came over. Oh this is just fantastic.

"Hey, what are you doing?"

Mitch looked at Seth, he towered over Seth.

"Relax, he was just asking me for some history notes, Mitch."

Mitch glared at Seth, and I grabbed Mitch's arm, making him look at me.

"Come on, just leave it."

I managed to convince Mitch to leave Seth alone. This always annoyed me, this possessive behaviour. We sat at the table, and Angela looked at me, raising an eyebrow. I shook my head, and she turned to Eric.

"So, hows chemistry going Bella?"

I looked at Eric, this didn't surprise me.

"Well, I still hate it."

That made the three of them laugh. Angela shook her head, looking at Eric.

"Hey, he's your idiot."

She laughed, looking at him. He didn't say anything, but she glared at him.

"Yeah, I'd be worried if he actually took chemistry."

Eric smiled. Big mistake.

She smacked him in the back of the head, and he groaned and rubbed the back of his head.

"Hey! What did I do?"

We all laughed at him, as he sat there grumbling about something.

"Eric, never smile when your girlfriend says something like that."

He looked at Mitch, who was laughing at him. Angela looked at me, and the bell rang. I stood up and left with Mitch, walking to chemistry.

"So, why did you take this class?"