Chapter 14

Alice left on Sunday. I missed her, yes, but it was great that she go to see her family. I woke up on Wednesday, and my dad was calling me. I got up and got ready. I walked downstairs and found my dad sitting at the table.

"What's wrong?"

He shook his head, looking at me.

"Nothing. It's nearly 1 o'clock, you feeling OK?"

I nodded. When I have time off, I sleep late, sue me.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just tired."

He didn't say anything, and I went back up to my room. My phone beeped and it was Angela. She wanted me to come over. I asked my dad and he said I could. I told Angela that I'd be over, and left.

"So, where's Eric?"

I sat down on Angela's bed, looking at her. She had said that Eric was on his way over.

"He'll be here in a few minutes."

There was a knock on the door, and Angela went downstairs. A few minutes later. she walked back in with Eric. He sat down, next to Angela.

"Hey Bella, hows your head?"

"It's OK, doesn't hurt to much."

He nodded, and I noticed Angela grab his hand. I noticed Angela was smiling, and I had a bad feeling about that.

"Bella was trying to guess our pet names for each other."

Eric looked at me, while I glared at Angela.

"I was not. I had to stop you telling me."

I looked at Eric.

"What you two call each other is not something I need to know."

Angela laughed, leaning against Eric. Eric shifted a little, making room for Angela. He moved a little closer to me, and stopped. He turned to look at me.

"Bella, is this OK? I can move if you want."

I shook my head, he wasn't to close.

"You're OK there Eric."

I trusted Eric, but he was close enough.

"You sure?"

I shook my head. Angela looked at me, making sure I was OK.

"It's fine Eric. I'm getting better with this stuff. How are you after everything?"

"I'm OK. Angela told me about Friday. I'm glad he got something, shame it wasn't longer."

I shrugged, he wouldn't be able to bother me anymore.

"Yeah, I know. But, he won't bother me again."

Angela smiled at me. I felt great about them being there for me. Eric was great when Angela stayed with me after what happened. Telling him about Alice and I though, would be a big mistake. That guy couldn't keep his mouth shut.

"No, he won't."

I spent the rest of the week talking with Alice and with Angela. Apparently her brother had been bothering her, and she was tempted to do something about it. I tried to talk her out of it, but I don't think it worked.

I went back to school on Monday, and walked to English. Kevin smiled at me, asking me how I was feeling. Everyone had heard about what had happened and was happy about it.

"Hey, you feeling OK?"

I nodded, sitting next to Angela.

"Yeah, I'm OK."