Chapter 33

I was clearing out a few things, the day before we were supposed to move, and Alice was acting a little odd.

"Hey, are you OK, pixie?"

She sat on the bed, running her hand through her hair. She sighed, looking at me. I put down what I was holding and sat next to her.

"I was just thinking."

"About?"

She shook her head and I grabbed her hand. I was worried about the way she was acting. Was she regretting all of this?

"Well, I was thinking about what you told me about your dad telling you what Chase did-"

"Alice, I ......... OK, slow down. Yes, he told me what happened, but not who it happened. When you told me it was you ......... I couldn't believe that someone as amazing as you went through something so horrible, and still wants to be with me."

She leaned against me, and I kissed the top of her head. It was only 11, and we had most of it done, we were just getting all the last minute stuff.

"I love you, Bella, you know that. You're the first person I've been able to close to, like this." She cuddled into my side, and ran her fingers across my stomach, making me giggle.

"Pixie!"

Alice laughed, sitting up.

"I love you, pixie, and I always will. That's never going to change."

She kissed me, and I wrapped my arms around her. A knock on the door, ruined the moment. I groaned, and Alice laughed.

"I'll answer it, you ....... Well, putting some clothes on may help. Especially if it's Angela, Lucy or your dad."

She had a point, and I grabbed a pair of jeans as she answered the door. I shook my head, as I walked out, and saw my dad.

"Dad?"

He smiled at me, but I could see that something was ............. I don't know, but something wasn't right.

"Hey, you ready for tomorrow?"

I smiled, and we sat down on the couch. Alice sat next to me, and my dad sat in the armchair.

"Yeah, we were just getting the last minute stuff packed."

My dad nodded and looked at Alice.

"Bella, would you mind if I spoke to Alice for alone for a while?"

I looked at Alice, who looked confused. She nodded, and I stood up. We still had stuff to pack, and our room was a mess.

"OK. I'll go sort out some of the stuff we have to pack."

I walked into our room, grabbing my iPod. I smiled as 'proof,' started. It had become my favourite song from Paramore. I cleared out some of the stuff, and sorted it all into bags.

I had it pretty much done, and sat down on the bed. I had my back to the door, so I didn't hear it open. Alice walked around the bed, and I turned off my iPod.

She looked ............ Well, something was bothering her. Was it something my dad said?

"What's wrong, pixie?"

She ran her hand through her hair, and I caught her hand, holding it in mine. I kissed the back of her hand, and looked up at her. She took a deep breath and I started to get even more worried.

"Your dad wanted to talk to me about something."

Well, I already knew that.

"What's wrong, pixie? Did my dad upset you?"

"Bella ........ It's just ......... He told me that he found out that Chase attacked me. He wanted to talk to me."

My dad ........ How did he find out? Well, he knew about what Chase did. Finding out who wouldn't have been that difficult.

"But, how would-"

"Never mind that, Bella. He wanted to talk about whether I'd told you or not. I explained that I told you and he was surprised. But, I told him that ........... Well, I told him about how I told you and he understood that I was trying to be there for you after that whole thing with Mitch. And he said something about you talking about wanting to go back to school and getting what you wanted after it. He said it made more sense now."

"Oh, that. I had said something about wanting to go back. But, I had been thinking about the way you studied and became a teacher, that kind of slipped out."

I blushed, looking away.

"Bella."

I looked at her, and she moved a little closer.

"He was just concerned. He didn't want to say anything to you, in case I hadn't told you. He wants to make sure you're OK, really."

I nodded, and we walked back out into the living room. My dad had left his jacket on the chair, and I wasn't surprised that there was a knock on the door a few minutes later. I grabbed his jacket, and Alice sat on the couch. She was tired, and I wasn't surprised.

"I'll be right back."

She smiled, and I walked to the door. I opened it, and my dad was looking at me, looking nervous.

"Hey, I forgot my jacket."

I nodded, leaning against the door. I didn't think Alice could handle that again.

"Yeah."

He seemed like he wanted to say something, and I decided to talk to him.

"I'll be right back, Alice."

"OK, I'll pack the last bag."

Last bag? Oh, she had some more stuff to pack.

I grabbed a jacket and closed the door.

We walked out, and I looked at him.

"Alice told me what you wanted to talk to her about."

My dad stopped, and turned to look at me.

"I ......... I was just concerned."

I sighed, trying to listen to him.

"I know, dad. But, she told me about that after the party. She said something, and I thought it was ......... Well, she told me and I freaked out. I know that would worry you. But, I'm there for her when it all gets to much, and she's there for me. I love her, dad."

He hadn't been expecting me to say that, but I did and I meant it.

"I know you care about her Bella, I can see that when you look at her. Believe me, I can. I know I reacted badly, but hearing that my daughter was dating her chemistry teacher was a shock. I just wanted to talk to her. I didn't want to say anything to you in case you didn't know, and she wasn't ready to tell you."

We spent a little while longer talking, before it started to rain. I hugged him, and went back to the apartment. Alice let me back in and I pulled her into a hug. I pulled away, leading her over to the couch. I sat down and she sat next to me, cuddling with me.

"He told me that ......... Well, he told met that he was concerned. I told him that you told me after the party and how I freaked out. I told him that I want to be there for you and ........ I told him I love you."

She seemed surprised that I had told him that. She wrapped her arms around me, and I kissed her.

"You told him that?"

I nodded, smiling at her.

"Yeah, I did. I love you, pixie. He needs to understand that."

She kissed my neck, cuddling into me. I pulled her a little closer to me, looking at her.

"I love you, to. Excited about tomorrow?"

I smiled. I was. Seth, Alice's cousin, lived in New York now and Alice was excited about me meeting him.

"Yeah. I am."