Chapter 27

In this chapter, Alice talks about what happened with Chase. It may cause a bit of upset, so be warned.

My arm had healed by late April, and I was glad to get rid of the cast. It got in the way of a lot.

I walked to Alice's class. It was Friday, and Lucy had her extra class. My dad was going to Billy's and I was staying at 'Angela's.' I put my bag down, throwing my hoodie across the back of a seat.

Alice looked up when I walked in, smiling at me.

"Hey, you OK? You seemed a little confused in class?"

I shook my head. I had gotten a little lost, but I'd figured it out.

"No, it's OK. I got a little confused, but when you were explaining it, I figured it out. What about you? You OK?"

She didn't seem confused. I sat down, taking out my books, looking at her.

"Bella, if-"

"I understand it, don't worry. You got a lot to do?"

She shook her head, looking at me.

"Not to much, but enough to give me a creek in my neck. What about you?"

"Well, I can help with your neck, if you want. No, not a lot. Just have to finish 1 or 2 things."

She smiled at me, shaking her head. She looked down at something, writing something down.

"Maybe later, OK?"

"OK then."

We finished up, and went back to her apartment. I put my stuff in her room, and walked back outside. She was sitting on the couch, looking at me. I stretched, smiling at her. I got something for us, and cleaned up when we were finished.

"Want that neck rub now?"

She nodded, and I walked over to the couch, sitting next to her. I started and she leaned back against me. She seems pretty tense.

"You're pretty tense. It's more than grading tests, isn't it?"

She turned to look at me.

"I wanted to talk to you about something........"

I took her hand, looking at her.

"What is it, pixie? Is something wrong?"

She took a deep breath, closing her eyes. I was worried something was wrong, and wanted her to tell me what it was.

"No. I want to tell about something."

What could she want to tell me? We told each other everything. She never had to worry about talking to each other. If something was bothering one of us, we talked about it.

"Alice, what is it? You know that you can tell me anything and I'll listen."

She looked at me, clearly upset. I had a bad feeling about this.

Wait ................. She only got this upset when she was talking about .....................................

I looked down at her, thinking I was jumping to conclusions.

"I know, baby. But, this ............... I wanted to talk about what happened with Chase."

OK, I wasn't jumping to conclusions after all.

I'd listen, it wouldn't be easy, but I'd listen.

"Alice, you don't have to-"

"No, you don't understand. I need to. Only my sister and my mom have been able to get me to talk about it. But, I feel like I can with you."