Chapter 30

"Really?"

Alice nodded, turning to look at me. I was nervous. I mean, I've met her dad and her sister, but I haven't met her mom or her brothers.

"Yeah, and yes, I want you to come. Everyone already knows. Look."

She showed me the message, and apparently she was told to bring me with her. I sat next to her, and she leaned against me. I nudged her and she sat up, frowning.I shook my head, and took off my jacket. I only wore it to hide the hickeys and Lucy and Angela were gone now. I threw it on the couch and tugged her closer.

"I wanna cuddle, I'm just to warm with that on. And I'm just nervous, that's all."

She leaned against me, cuddling into me.

"There's no need to be nervous, my mom wants to meet you before we leave."

I wrapped my arm around her, and she kissed my cheek. I was still nervous about meeting her mom.

"I know, I just-"

"I know, but it'll be OK."

There was a knock on the door, and I groaned.

"If that's Angela or Lucy, I swear, I'll-"

"Just answer it, baby."

I stood up, and answered the door.

I wasn't expecting my dad to be standing there.

"Dad? What are you doing here?"

He looked at me, and I could see he was upset.

"I, uh, I wanted to talk to you about ...... Everything."

He wants to talk? He's the one who threw me out!

"Bella? Who is it?"

Alice appeared behind me, and was shocked to see my dad. She got very nervous, but invited him in.

He sat on in the arm chair and I sat on the couch next to Alice. He looked at her, clearly wanting to sat something, but he kept his mouth shut.

"I'm sure Bella has told you what happened. But, I wanted to talk about everything."

I felt Alice tense beside me. I nudged her gently. My dad didn't notice, he was looking around at the photo's that Alice had.

"Yes, she did. I understand that this was a shock. But, I care about you daughter Mr. Swan. I would never hurt her."

He looked at her, as she spoke. I knew she meant it. My dad seemed nervous ......... But, something about him was different. He seemed ........... I don't know. I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

"Look, I was shocked when I found out. But, you can't blame me for that. You were her teacher. She snuck around, seeing you. But, I will admit ...... I over reacted. I shouldn't have thrown Bella out."

I looked at my dad, not quite believing what I was hearing. He was ........... Sorry?

Alice seemed as surprised as I was, and it took a few minutes for her to answer him.

"Mr. Swan, I understand you were shocked. And, I know she had to do that in order to see me. But, there was never any danger of anyone finding out. Now, I know Lucy and Angela found out, but they understood how serious it could've been if it had gotten out, and kept it to themselves. As for throwing her out, that was your decision. I may not agree, but she's your daughter and that was your choice. I was never concerned about what could've happened to me, if someone found out. It was Bella, that I was concerned about."