Chapter 11

Alice drove me home evening. I really enjoyed spending time with her, getting to know her. I looked at her, as she stopped outside my house. We talked a little more and I learned her birthday was the day after mine, so hers was the February 17.

"I really enjoyed today."

She turned to me, she was much more relaxed now. It was the coming up to thanksgiving, so she was going to visit her parents soon.

"So, did I. You feeling OK, baby?"

I nodded, I always felt OK around her.

"I'm fine, pixie. I always feel OK around you. You should know that by now."

She shrugged, but didn't say anything. I kissed her, telling her I would see her Monday. I walked into the house, taking off my jacket and my phone rang. Who was it? Angela.

"What is it, Angela?"

'Just wanted to check on you.'

Yeah, right.

"Sure, you did, Angela. I just got home."

'Bella, it's 7 o'clock! You're dad could've caught you two! And I don't think you'd have been able to explain being caught kissing your chemistry teacher.'

"When he says late, he means 'nearly midnight' late. Relax."

'Still, how would you have explained that?'

I couldn't have, and she knew it.

"You know I couldn't, Angela."

'Exactly. So, what did you'

"Angela, what I do when I spend time with my girlfriend is none of your business."

Angela mumbled something, and when I asked her to repeat it, she pretended that she didn't know what I was talking about.

'Now, I'm really wanna know what you two did.'

"Angela, all we did was talk. I'm not ready for anything like that. Not after ........"

'I'm sorry, Bella. I shouldn't have teased you about that. I was just trying to'

"It's OK, Angela. We did cuddle a little."

'That's good. You seem pretty comfortable around her.'

That made me smile. I really was.

"Other than you, Eric and my dad, she's the only other person I trust."

It was getting late, so I eventually told her I had to get some rest. She said she would see me on Monday, and hung up.

My dad coming in at around 11:30, woke me up. He came up to check on me.

"Hey, you OK?"

I nodded, looking at him. I was pretty tired.

"Yeah, I'm OK."

He seemed to realise how tired I was and smiled.

"OK, I just wanted to check on you, go back to sleep."

He left closing the door, and I went back to sleep.

I didn't do much on Sunday, I was really tired so I just got some rest. I tripped when I was in my room and hurt my head. My dad heard a loud thump followed by me yelling and ran up. He found me on the floor, rubbing my head. I'm not even sure what I tripped over. All I knew was, my head really hurt.

"What happened?"

Real smart, asking a person who just hit there head what happened?

"Fell. Hit my head."