Takasha

Takasha got a call from the hospital. They and said that Sierra had woken up out of her coma.
She was still at her house watching the firefighters put it out. She dug into her pocket and pulled out her car keys. She was lucky that she had not put it down in the house. Takasha walked over to her car and opened the door. She felt a hand on her shoulder. Takasha swung around and was surprised to see Detective Williams.
He gave her a little smirk. "Where are you going so soon little lady?" He asked.
Takasha huffed. "Why do I have to tell you?"
He closed her door. "I want to bring you in for questioning. Our forensics team found a body in you bedroom. It was badly burned and we want to see what you know about it."
Takasha reopened the car door. "Sorry not sorry, but you can figure that out yourself."
She got into her car and drove off. There was something sketchy about the detective to Takasha. He was trying to stall her, but she did not know why. She sped up.
She knew she needed to get to the hospital. If she was notified, she knew Williams was too.
She pulled into a parking space and ran out of her car to the nearest elevator. She clicked the up button as fast as she could.
The elevator doors opened and she went inside. She clicked on floor 4 and waited. She was tapping her feet on the floor.
She heard a dig and she ran down the hallway. She opened Sierra's room door and looked inside. Sierra was drinking some water that the nurse had gave her.
Takasha walked inside and closed the door behind her. Sierra looked over at Takasha and coughed. "Kasha, what are you doing here?" She asked.
Sierra placed her hand on her neck. Takasha pulled up a chair next to Sierra's desk. She grabbed Sierra'a chart and read over it again.
Takasha looks up at she Sierra aghast. "It is a miracle that you are even alive."
Sierra coughed again. Blood spat out of her mouth and she wipe it. "I have to tell you something,by the way." Sierra gestured towards the nurse.
Takasha looked at the nurse. "Can you please step outside the room?"
The nurse kindly did so. Takasha stood up and walked next to Sierra's bed. "Who did this to you?" She whispered.
Sierra shook her head. "It becomes a blur, you know." She paused. "All I remember is Detective Williams face."
Takasha gasped. She knew that the detective was behind it somehow. "What did he do?" She asked.
Sierra pointed at her neck. "I remember vividly him choking me. He said Jake was paying him good money for him to do that. He was choking me then I felt nothing. It was like I could not move and all of a sudden I end up here. In the hospital."
Takasha out her and on her forehead. "Well you aren't hot at all." She sat down. "You fell off of a three story building. I am just wondering how you are even responding right now."
Sierra took another sip of water. "Are you saying I should be dead or that I did die."
Takasha shook her head. "It does sound like you died, but I am not saying you should be dead. I came in to do some surgery on you. You were not going to die from the fall but from lung failure. This is an unusual case. You know a woman being choked and getting lung failure."
Sierra coughed and laughed. "If I died how would they have brought me back?" She asked.
Takasha scratched her head. "That is simple they used a defibillator on you. So it says in your charts."
Sierra looked at her shocked. "Did they find out about what Williams had done to me?"
Takasha exhaled. "No, they did not. They ruled your case a attempted suicide and they are not going to try to investigate it."
Sierra scoffed. "How are they going to rule it a attempted suicide. I have marks from someone strangling me around my neck."
"Well it could have been from you trying to hang yourself a couple days earlier at least that is what the police report read."
Sierra Leone planted her feet on the ground and stood up. She almost is it her balance,but she caught it just in time. "Did they at least contact my family?"
Takasha shook her head. "They registered you as a Jane Doe. They did not contact you children or you mother." Takasha walked over to Sierra and lowered her back onto the bed. "They are going to make sure you are dead, Sierra. You cannot get away from Jake and now neither can I."
Sierra looked up into Takasha's eyes.  "What are you talking about?"
Takasha swallowed. "A woman just tried to kill me this morning." Takasha looked through the glass in the door. "I put myself in business that I should not have. Maybe because I care about you even though I hardly know you."
   Sierra hugged her. "Thank you...for caring." she yelled.
Takasha looked around. "Now there is not time for this. We have to get out of here."
There was a bang Takasha turned around and looked at the door. There were screams and Takasha grabbed Sierra's hand. She looked around to see a place which they could go. She could not find any.
She guided Sierra to the corner of the room. The pushed Sierra behind her and grabbed some scissors. The door flew opened and Takasha howled.
For Sierra There was nothing but surprise.