Sierra Leone

Sierra scratched her head. She had just woken up and felt very weary. She walked into her kitchen and poured out a bowl of Frosted Flakes.
She was midway until she heard a knock on her down. She walked into the living room and opened the door.
It was Harold. She gasped and he collapsed into her arms. She looked around the hallway. She heard many footsteps running downstairs.
She ran after them down the steps. She screamed after them threatening them.
She opened the entrance to the apartment building. She saw a glimpse of them driving off. She did not see who they were but She knew they worked with Jake.
She walked back upstairs and threw herself next to Harold. He was shaking. She pushed his hair away from her face.
"What happened, Harold?" She asked. He shook his head. He's lip was busted and eye swollen.
She covered her mouth in sorrow. She wanted to know why this had to happen to him.
She hugged him. He was not responding to anything she did. She stood up and carried Harold into the couch. She ran back and locked the door.
She walked into the kitchen and grabbed some water to bring it back to him. When she went back into the living room, he was sitting up and holding his head.
She dashed towards him and fell on her knees. "Are you ok?"
He groaned. "I...don...t...know." He mumbled.
She kissed him. "I missed you so much."
He grabbed her hand. "I missed you too." He did a faint smile.
She smiled too. "I brought some water for you." She outreach her hand and he gratefully too the water. He gulped it down.
Harold wiped his face and stared at Sierra. "Jake wanted me to tell you something."
Sierra was shocked. She sta next to him in the couch and put her arms around him. "What did he want to tell me?" She asked.
Harold froze. He was being hesitant And Sierra wondered for what reason.
She rubbed his hand. "He said that he will give you one moment of happiness."
She pulled away from him. She knew what that meant. Somehow Jake had found out about what she had told to the police.
He looked her in the eyes. She knew he could see how much she was worrying.
"It is going to be alright. I am gonna make sure nothing happens to you."
She stood up and paced around the room.
"You tried to do that before and it got you here." She stopped and looked at him. "I don't want you to get hurt anymore."
He groaned. "I am a grown man. I don't need you to take care of me."
She became outraged. "I am a grown woman and I don't need you to take care of me."
He stood up. He wobbled a bit, but then found his balance. She was ready to catch him, but he pushed her hand away.
"I love you, Sierra Leone and I am not about to lose her. I'd rather die."
Sierra sighed. She would want him to live more than herself. She just could not get why he insisted of giving up his own life for hers.
She sat down. "I rather die. You are more important i have nothing to live for." a tear fell down her eyes.
Harold put his hand on her shoulder. "You are not worthless."
She shook her head. "Yes I am, don't try to make me feel better."
He kissed her forehead. "I am not trying to make you feel better. I am telling the truth and you have to remember your kids."
She nodded. "Your right." Sierra wiped her face.
Harold put his hand on her cheek and smiled. "What do you want to do now that I am back."
She looked up and him. "Well I would like you to shower, you smell horrible."
He chuckled. "Hey, i have been in captivity for two days."
She pushed him toward the bathroom. He looked back at her and then walked into the bathroom.
Sierra made her way into the kitchen. She took out a frying pan and a egg. She decided to make breakfast for Harold because he must be starving.
She cracked the eggs into the frying pan and started cooking. She had not cooked in awhile. She was sure these eggs would not taste so good, but she wanted to try.
She heard the pipe turn off and she quickly threw the eggs into a plant and grabbed two slices or bread.
She ran to the dining room and placed the plate on the table.
Harold walked in with his towel on. "What are you making in here?" He asked.
She smiled. "Just a little breakfast for my love."
He rolled his eyes in embarrassment. "I should be making this for you."
He walked up and hugged her. "Just eat you breakfast," she said.
He sighed. "Ok, mother."
She punched him in the shoulder and he laughed. "That hurt."
He sat down and ate the eggs she had made for him. Sierra went into her room and dragged on some proper clothes.
She walked into the kitchen. He was washing his plates. He turned around and smiled at her. She smiled back.
She finally felt happy. She had her love back and that was all she wanted.
She walked up to him and he turned around. "I think we should talk to the police about this." She said.
Harold huffed. "Are you sure can't we just make due with the time we have?"
She felt puzzled by that statement. "What do you mean by that?" She asked.
He shook his head. "Nothing,nothing."
She grabbed his hand. "Yes you meant something."
He sighed. "I am just meaning that one of us could possibly die at anytime."
She held his hand. "That is not going to happen if we just talk to the police we'll be alright. They'll protect us."
He pushed her away. "Are you sure about that? How do you think they knew about you telling the police huh?"
Sierra dressed back. He was becoming hostile and she didn't like it. "Someone must have been working there, but I know this guy that can help us he works there."
Harold was hesitant, but before he was able to retaliate the phone rang.
Sierra ran to the phone and answered it. It was detective Williams.
"Hello, Sierra" he said.
She said hi back.
"We have that doctors appoitment for you today, if you will please come to the station."
She scratched her head. She was wondering whether to tell him that Harold was back.
"Hello?" William asked.
She shooked her head to snap out of her daze. "Yes, oh but Harold came back. He was really bad and can you come over to bring him to the station he won't willingly do it himself."
Williams agreed to come over.
Sierra hung up the phone and walked back into the kitchen. Harold was still standing there irritated.
"Who was calling?" He asked.
Sierra shook her head. "No one important" she said.
He grabbed her wrist and it hurt. "Who called, Sierra?"
She tried to escape him,but he was to strong. "Let go of me this hurts."
He let go of her hand and she walked into the living room and grabbed her coat. He followed.
"Where are you going, Sierra?"
Sierra opened the door. "I will be right back I just need some air."
She walked out. She could not stand to turn around look at him one more time.
She walked down the steps and out the apartment entrance.