Chapter 20

And all the wounds that are ever gonna scar me
For all the ghosts that are never gonna catch me

20
Michael's face is full of worry. He's laying beside Luke's trembling body. He's having another nightmare, and Michael is running out of ideas on how to help him. They've been staying at the beach place for a week, and Michael is waiting for Jack to tell him whenever Lucifer is away from Luke's house.

Luke yelps and trashes around. Michael wakes him up before he starts screaming.

"Baby." Michael whispers in Luke's ear while shaking his shoulder. Luke's eyes snap open and immediately meets his gaze.

"Mikey," he sniffs. His blue eyes start to water, and Michael's heart breaks when Luke's voice cracks, "I can't take it–"

Michael shushs him and pulls him closer for a hug. Luke starts to cry silently as he felt Michael's arms tighten.

"You're gonna be okay, I promise." He whispers. Luke doesn't believe him but nods anyway.

-

Michael wakes up again two nights after and feels around the bed. The cold spot makes him sit up and search. Luke is crying in he corner of the room, and he's still...asleep?

"Luke? Are you okay?" Michael warily asks. Luke's body sways heavily and if Michael wasn't a demon, he would've freaked out at the way Luke's arms are clawing his back.

"Get it off of me." Luke cries. He violently scratches his skin, and Michael rushes to stop him.

"Lukey, please." Michael desperately holds down his hands. He feels a wet substance on then and realizes Luke managed to literally tear his skin from his back.

-

Michael watches Luke cook. The incident from last night wasn't mentioned. He did see dried blood on Luke's back. The red flesh didn't hide the written scars Zack left, and everytime Michael sees them, a surge of anger make its way into him.

Luke hums a melody, and Michael watches him fry eggs. He tried to stop him, but he refused by saying I'm a big boy. I can make food for us.

Michael felt useless. Even though he's protecting Luke, and got themselves safe, he can't help but feel bad every time he isn't able to take care of Luke's nightmares.

"Hey," Michael finally speaks, "come here."

Luke turns around and raises a questionable eyebrow. Michael only smiles and motions to come sit beside him.

Luke turns off the kitchen. He makes his way to the red haired demon, and instead of sitting beside him, he sits on his lap.

Michael is caught off guard, but nevertheless, he wraps his arms around his blondie's waist.

"What's up." Luke complies by putting his hands on the back of Michael's neck. He starts playing with his hair.

"I became a demon because I wanted to help my brother." Michael confesses. Luke stops his movements.

"What happened?"

Michael brings him closer.

"I lived in an unstable home. My mother made money in the streets while my dad drank himself 'til the morning. Me and my brother tried to make money by singing beside this broken fountain. My brother would play my dad's old guitar." Luke listens as he watched Michael's eyes become brighter. Like the memories flashing before his eyes were more valuable than gold.

"It was difficult to live like that. I depended on drugs," Michael clears his throat, "and I did many things."

Luke furrows his eyebrows. He starts to play with his hair to soothe him.

"My brother was the only person I cared about. I fed him, I paid for his school books, I basically raised him. I had a responsibility that wasn't mine, but I was willing to do my best."

Luke snuggles into Michael by holding on to his neck and placing his head on the crook.

"Why are you telling me this?" He asks.

Michael only smiles and pecks his lips.

"Then, things started to get more complicated. My father started to abuse us, and I couldn't live like that. I was just so tired. One day, he picked up one of the empty beer bottles and threw it at us.

The bottle hit my brother on the head. There was so much blood and no matter what I did, I couldn't stop the bleeding. By the time the ambulance arrived, he was dead."

Luke bites his lip. He doesn't know how to respond to this kind of information. He wouldn't say sorry. It is the most hated word since his parents' funeral. He didn't need to say anything. Michael started to speak again.

"For a few months, I held on. The abuse stopped, but I felt alone. I blamed myself for not protecting my brother. Luke, look at me." Michael put a finger under his blondie's chin.

"I'm trying so hard to help you."

Luke blinks rapidly, trying to contain the tears from falling.

"Mikey, don't blame yourself. You had nothing to do with this. I was already a target."

Michael's head lowered, but Luke peppered his cheek with kisses.

"I..." Luke pauses. Not sure of what he's about to say. He settles with, "I strongly like you."

Michael looks up with a smirk.

"I-I mean, I don't wanna say that phrase yet. I n-need to be sure, right? Isn't that phrase to be said when you're completely comfortable with it? Like I need to believe it fully. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt—no—offend you. Do you get what I me–"

"Shutup, Luke." Michael laughs and kisses him with all the passion he can muster.

Luke giggles and it makes Michael chuckle fondly.

"I almost ended it before I found this old book about demons. My mind was set to find my brother and repay my mistake by helping him during his afterlife." Michael says after laying down on the couch with Luke on top of him.

"Who was your brother anyway?" Luke asks. He closes his eyes tiredly.

Michael chews on his lip, and holds his beauty closer.

"Zack."

-----

A/N
I HAVE FINALLY UPDATED :D

HOW ARE YOU GUYS? HOW's LIFE?
I'M BACK TO SCHOOL AND I'M ALREADY STRESSED OUT LOL

I RECENTLY AND FINALLY BOUGHT HOW DID WE END UP HERE? DVD, AND I CAN'T WAIT TO REWATCH IT FOR THE 10TH TIME
(I used to watch it in YouTube alot)

QOTD: fav scene/part of the 5sos movie?
A: EVERYTHING? MICHAEL'S PART, WHEN ASHTON EXPLAINED HIS LIFE, WHEN MICHAEL SAID ASHTON IS EVERYTHING HE'S NOT (michael you are fucking perfect)
JUST EVERYTHING.
SINCE I'M AN EDITOR, I ALSO REALLY LIKE HOW THEY TRANSITIONED MICHAEL TALKING ABOUT HIMSELF WHILE SHOWING A SHOT OF CALUM BURNING HIS ARM AND THEN SHOWING MICHAEL'S INCIDENT FOLLOWING WITH A SHOT OF MICHAEL'S SIDE OF THE CROWD'S REACTION
I JUST REALLY LIKE THE WHOLE MOVIE

Anyways, one morE CHAPTER AND THIS STORY IS DONE. Plus epilogue but it's almost over.
Comment some feedback and vote pls bc I know it's shitty...but pls

Have an awesome day guys ^.^

p.s.
Wattpad isn't letting me italize phrases or words, and it's fucking annoying me. So I will try to fix it later (: