Chapter 2

If I died, we'd be together

2
"Jack, I'm okay." Luke said into the phone. He sighed when his brother started questioning the neighborhood he now lived and if he met people already.

"It's fine and I've been here for four days. Takes a lot more time to meet people." Luke groaned when Jack started to argue. Honestly, Luke isn't going to take the effort to talk with other people. He's fine as he is now.

A knock on the door sent Luke falling from his couch.

"Ow. I'm okay. Fell off the couch. Gotta go, love you, bye." He hanged up and sighed loudly, finally hanging up with his over protective brother. But he couldn't blame him. The knocking became more insistent. Luke stood up, dusted the dirt of his sweatpants, and then approached the door.

Wait, he loooked down, I'm shirtless. He hurriedly snatched a shirt on from the floor. Four days living in this house, and already had clothes lying everywhere. Another set of knocks made Luke jump. He bit his lip nervously. People were at his door. What do you do to that?

Open the door?

Luke scolded himself. He was just talking casually with his brother and now he's scared to talk to new people. Maybe he does need to talk to people.

You can do it, Luke.

The knocks became faster and Luke flinched away from the doorknob. No, he couldn't do it.

"I know you're there!" A voice shouted from the other side of the door. Luke instantly backed away. He scrambled to get his phone and headed to his bedroom.

Luke grumbled and laid down. A nap could take things of his mind.

-

Lukey, as soon as the voice says the nickname, Luke hates it.He doesn't say anything though or he could make him angry. The shadow on the other side of his bedroom door, chuckles.

"Wh-Who are you?" Luke asks. His nerves made him jumpy and he has no idea what's happening. The house was eerie quiet and the only sound heard was Luke's heart pounding against his ribs.

Your worst nightmare, it whispered. The terrible thing that made Luke's fear crawl all over his body was the responses. The person outside wasn't talking, was it even a person? It was communicating through Luke's skull, and it terrified him more. What is this thing?

"Why ar-are you here?" Luke wants to stay strong but his stutter shows how scared he is. The voice inside his head snickered as if enjoying Luke's fear.

Luke didn't get an answer, but the knob of his door turned slowly. His breath became raggedy. The scream for help was stuck in his throat with force. He couldn't even squeak. Luke was frozen in place, but he wanted to run. He wanted to jump out the window of his two-story house and sprint to the nearest safe place he could find. But he was held down. Paralyzed.

Let's play a game, Lukey.

Luke suddenly opened his eyes. He blinked a couple of times before letting out a sigh. His body was covered with thin layer of sweat and his throat felt sore, like maybe he did scream.

He stood up from his bed and held his head. Another one. It used to be everyday when he had one of those. Now it's just three per week. Luke massaged his head, trying to soothe the growing headache.

Your worst nightmare.

It wasn't his worst nightmare. The images were real, reliving every second of that night, but it wasn't his worst. The third ones were the most terrifying. That's why he hates the quote 'The Third Time's a Charm'.

Simply bullshīt.

The afternoon is calm and warm. Luke finds himself sitting next to the big window at the front of his house. He has a warm cup of tea on his hands and a fluffy blanket around his shoulders. He sips it and enjoys the silence.

They never found him. Luke spent a whole night of his life with a man who tortured him with everything. A night that Luke almost went insane with. But they never found him.

Luke puts down his cup and shudders at the voice in his dream. He jumps when he realizes there's a guy against his window. How did he get so close?

Creep.

"Hey," the guy's voice is muffled and he's waving, "I want to meet you but you never opened your door."

Luke doesn't react but his head is running. He can't say no to the guy. It's rude to decline a visit, but at the same time he wants to run back to the safety of his room and hide forever from people.

"Are you gonna stare at me or let me in." The guy crosses his arms, waiting. Luke purses his lips and heads to open his door. He hears a 'yes!' from the guy and Luke is to mentally screaming 'no!'.

Luke fiddles with his lip ring when the guy comes in and starts checking out his place.

"Damn, your house is better than mine."

Luke doesn't say anything. He sits on a stool near the TV and the guy sits on the couch directly in front of him.

"I'm Calum and I'm here to say," Calum stretches out his arm and Luke slowly accepts it, "welcome to Green Valley." They shook hands and Luke noticeably retracts his arm too fast. The guy, Calum, only furrowed his eyebrows.

As soon as he did, he let his face relax again. He stares at Luke expectantly. Luke cringes at his stupidity.

"I'm Luke." He says quietly. Calum nods and then smiles.

"Hi, Luke. I live right next door. I forgive you for not opening the door earlier," Luke doesn't have a chance to apologize. Calum keeps talking, "but I wanted to invite you to a party Friday night."

What's today? Luke struggles to remember the day.

"My boyfriend had a job promotion and I wanted to celebrate. You're invited so we can get you comfortable here. I also want to get to know you." Calum's brown eyes are big and pleading. Luke wants to say no. If he couldn't willingly meet people, why would he go to a party full of them?

"C'mon man. There's candy." Calum's eyes are so happy and Luke didn't want them to see them disappointed. Even if he was joking.

Instead of responding verbally, Luke nods and Calum's face lits up like a Christmas tree.

"Thanks! I'll see you tomorrow night!"

-----

A/N

to be excited and have nothing to write for this story is weird

buT

HEY! HOW'S IT GOING?

VOTE AND COMMENT YOUR OPINION SO FAR BC FOR ME IT'S STARTING REALLY SHĪT

HAVE A GOOD DAY :D

p.s.
no GIF but...the pic *self destroys*

- kitten