Chapter 3

I can't always just forget him

3
If Luke was more aware that it was Thursday, he would've said no the minute Calum guy said the party was Friday. In other words, tomorrow night.

Luke stood in front of his closet and inspected all his clothes. Sweatpants, a pair of skinny jeans, and some band t-shirts.

He has nothing to wear.

Why did I agree to this? Why the fuck did I agree to go to a house full of people?

Luke rubbed his face in annoyance. Now he had to actually go outside, and buy clothes. He didn't want to go outside. That meant bump into people and interact with them.

He has had enough interaction with one person today.

He breathed in deeply and went to look for his jacket. And then he had the idea to go out at night. Luke stopped midway through his hallway and started to nod.

Night it is.

It's not like he hates people. Two months ago, he was the happy teenager who played soccer with his best friend and went to party every weekend. Now, he's the depressing boy who can't stand talking for a few seconds.

Luke grabbed a chip from the cupboard. Thank god his brother had someone buy groceries for him before he arrived.

Okay, Luke thought, maybe he does hate socializing but you can't blame him.

Luke sighed deeply. Thinking too much gave him a headache. He massages his scalp with his fingers and decides to take some Advil.

He continued to eat the Doritos, and the room echoed from the munching.

Crunch, crunch, crunch

-

Luke's mind was spinning and the fear was only growing. The knob rotated painfully slow and Luke did nothing but watch. It creaked when the door opened, and Luke gulped down his dinner.

He had enough of this. Luke gripped the knob and forcefully opened the door wider. Nothing. Night surrounded the entrance of the stairs, the living room, and the kitchen.

Luke sucked in his breath and stepped forward. The whole house was empty and devoid of noise. The dark in front of him looked like a pitch of black hair dye. He blindly reached for the hand rail of the stairs and he felt like he was at the edge of a cliff.

Hey, Luke spinned around as he felt someone breath down his neck. The lights in his room were flickering and he noticed how only his room was illuminated.

No one was in sight.

This is a joke, he found himself thinking. This is a prank. Luke knew the amount of times Jack and Ben teamed together to prank him once a month. It had to be a joke. But was it?

"Guys, this isn't funny." Luke called out, but the air turned chilly. He puff out a blue cloud of his breath.

"Please." He whispered. Goosebumps rose on his skin and a cold feeling settled in. Someone was behind him and Luke wasn't ready to turn around.

He woke up with a start. He looked around to be laying on his couch. When did he go to sleep? And the nightmare was so vivid. His breathing came out in gasps. It felt so real.

Luke tucks his arms to his sides and tries to create warmth. The cold bit at his skin and he shivered.

Blinking out the dark spots, he stands up to put his shoes on. The house was dark, and the moon shined through the windows. He needed to get out. Time to go for that shopping spree.

Once outside, Luke did not expect to find every street empty. It was suspicious how no cars passed and the only movement present were the newspapers flying around.

There was no usual noise of owls or crickets or just plain nature. Just the occasional wind, howling and passing by.

What is wrong with this place? Luke simply shrugged it off. It's better for him. Since he has a positive feeling he is going to take night walks soon. The nightmares could get worse or maybe he no longer can hadle them.

At the other side of the neighborhood, there was a shopping center. Luke smiled happily. Stores are close enough for him.

As he was crossing the street, he felt someone watching him. Eyes burning on his back. Luke got to the other side quickly and then glance behind him. A figure stood next to a lamppost. The light flickered and Luke swore it was like the nightmare he had tonight.

He fully faced the the person. He took in his cloaked appearance. Tall guy with red hair and wearing a cut up Metallica t-shirt. But it was dark. Too dark to see any features.

Should I call him out? No, for all he knows, the guy could be a killer. Luke's lips tucked into a small smile. Oh, the similarities of the situation.

Luke brought back his attention to the lamppost. The guy was no longer there.

The nightmare affected him too much. He shook his head and continued his journey. His mind is playing tricks on him again.

-

"Jaack!" The red hair guy called out. He watched the blonde cutie walk towards Walmart.

"What do you want." Another guy with his hair on a quiff and a blonde streak appeared beside him.

"Who's that?" He asks. Jack followed his friend's gaze. They were now hiding behind a rack of clothes. A blonde guy with blue eyes was checking out some underwear.

"Like I should know. Do you want me to ask him or something?" The red hair guy rolled his eyes.

"Answer my question, Backarat."

Jack hesitated before saying, "I just know he's one of the Hemming's family."

The red hair guy hummed in interest and his eyes trailed down to the blonde's legs.

"You can leave."

"You're welcome, Clifford." Jack stuck his tongue out and before the red hair hair guy could do anything, he disappeared.

Clifford smirked when blondie switched from one shirt to the other in the dressing room.

"Creep."

Clifford turned around to find Jack's partner.

"Can't check out a guy without interruptions." He mumbled.

"Suck my dick. Lucifer wants you to see him."

Clifford nodded and immediately left the dressing room. He was now standing before a hooded man leaning against a worm down wall.

"Michael, I need a favor."

-----

[not edited]

A/N

SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE (I think. New thing of Wattpad is that I can't see the dates of the published previous chapter. So I don't know for how long I have updated.)

HA FINALLY I'M GETTING SOMEWHERE :D

VOTE AND COMMENT GUYS. I WANT TO KNOW IF YOU'RE ACTUALLY INTERESTED IN THIS STORY. SOME FEEDBACK WOULD BE AWESOME

I'LL ANSWER. I PROMISE C:

Have a good day guys \^.^/

- kitten