Chapter 15

You are never coming home, never coming home

15
"How would Lucifer feel about you when he finds out you impersonated him?"

"Proud?" The guy stood in the middle of the room, with his arms crossed confidently. His cockiness is angering.

"Is that what you think?"

His dark eyes shine in mischief, "Yes, Clifford, that's what I think." He clicks his tongue, trying to annoy Michael.

Michael nods and starts eyeing him, slowly walking around his brother.

"You're damn brave to answer me like that. Specially when I mention our father." His green eyes study him. His brother's grin widens and he flicks his wrist towards Michael.

Michael stops in his tracks. His shoulder blades tense. "You don't have the power to go against me, Zack."

Zack's grin falters.

"I'm only going to tell you this once: leave Luke alone or I'll tell Lucifer you've been using his identity." Michael closes the gap between him and Zack. He places his hand on his shoulder.

"He's my soul to tortu--" Zack winces at the pain spreading through his shoulder.

"He's mine now." Michael wills the pain to intensify on Zack, "Do not cross paths with me, brother."

Zack whimpers and his knees buckle. Michael grips his shoulder one last time and then lifts his hand. Zack drops to the ground, holding his shoulder.

"He is my soul." He spits. Michael puckers his lips in thought.

"Do I have to mark him so you won't go near him?" He threatens. Zack closes his mouth and flexes his jaw.

"I will win." He whispers. Michael turns away, and he feels his brother's presence leave.

I'll have to mark him, Michael thinks. He can't risk Luke to be Zack's victim. Luke is his. No one else's.

-

"Jesus fucking christ, Luke." Calum groans.

"I want to stay home." Luke whines. Calum glares at him, and he crosses his arms in anger.

"C'mon, you can't be cooped up all your life." He says. Luke sighs in exasperation.

"Ashton is waiting for you." Luke mumbles, "You guys haven't had a night together because of me. Go." He pushes Calum out of his room.

Calum starts to protest and Luke keeps pushing him towards the exit.

"You need to come--"

"Calum, keep walking."

"--with us. We'll have so much fun!"

"Oh, look," Luke checks his wrist, "it's late!" He had no watch to look at.

Calum rolls his eyes, "Please?"

Luke ponders for a minute and then replies with a, "No."

He opens his front door and pushes Calum outside.

"Have fun. Use protection. Be careful in Walmart." Luke interrupts Calum's last protest with the slam of his door.

"If you wanted me all for yourself, you could've just asked."

Luke's cheeks start to burn. He turns around to see Michael standing a few feet away from him. He smiles and then notices Michael chewing on his lip. Is he nervous?

"Can I do something?" Michael asks. Luke's stomach twists.

"Sure?" Luke squeaks. Michael comes closer with each step and Luke feels like fainting on the spot.