Chapter 4

But he could try

4
The cold presence behind gave him the first time to feel terror. His feelings were filled with dread. His heart was sending pulses of fear all around his body, causing his nerves to be pulled.

It's safe to say he was extremely scared of whatever he was about to face.

"You smell amazingly good." The voice was deep and rich. Luke knew it belonged to none of his relatives or friends. It was unfamiliar and out of the ordinary. No human being could have a voice so deep it sounded like a recorded tape in slow motion.

"Your fear is delicious." Luke shakily tried to calm down. It failed when a hand gripped his shoulder. Another hand grabbed his hip.

"Who are you?" Luke asked in a small voice. His back was still facing whatever was behind him.

"Lukey, I already said who I was." The voice was so close to Luke's ear. He wanted to cry. This is where he dies.

"How do you know my name?"

"I've been watching you for weeks, Lukey." His voice, if possible, dropped deeper. A few seconds passed when suddenly Luke was thrown inside his room. He landed with a painful thud and realized that if this noise is what he heard in the beginning...

No, his family has to be alive.

Luke shook his head from the pain flaring on his ribs and then he was flipped around to see a hooded figure standing before him holding a dagger.

He woke up with a start. The sound of his phone blared Green Day off it's speakers. He gulps down his nerves and tries to turn the music down. He gave up when it kept ringing. So he grabs the phone to turn it off, but stops when Unknown ID Caller appeared on the screen.

Who would be calling him? The only person who has his phone number is his brother. No one else.

At first, Luke decided to not respond. Maybe it's a wrong number. It was proved wrong when the phone rang again for the second time.

Luke felt creeped out. He's still at least shaken up from the nightmare. What if it's him?

Don't be ridiculous, he scolds himself. Without any more thought he answers the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey! It's Calum!" Luke flinchs away from his phone. Who's cheery at this time in the morning?

"How did you-" Luke didn't get to finish his sentence.

"I'm part time hacker. Anyway, about today-" Luke's eyes widen into sausages. Calum hacked his phone. That required to look at his stuff from a source. A source where it could possibly reveal what happened two months ago. Luke panics at the thought of someone knowing.

"You hacked my phone?!"

"Hey man, chill. It's not like I did a background check on you."

Luke nodded, even though Calum couldn't see him. He doesn't know about the incident. If he did, he wouldn't be talking to Luke in the first place. Luke breathed through his nose. He doesn't know.

"As I was saying, would you like to help me out on the party thing?"

Luke really wanted to say no, but he's still blinking out spots from his nightmare. It also proves how he just lost his marbles seconds ago. The nightmare is affecting him. Just like he predicted.

Maybe that could distract him? Before Luke could say anything, Calum squealed. Squealed.

"Great! Come over right now!" The line went dead and Luke raised his eyebrows. What a guy.

-

Luke did not like glitter. The minute he stepped in into Calum's house, he was surrounded by colorful glitter. So much, it stucked into his black converse.

"Luke!" Calum runs towards him and tackles him into a hug.

"I'm so glad you came!" Calum said with the biggest smile. Luke was very aware of the human contact, and carefully, he pried Calum's arms away from him.

"Hi." Luke waves cutely and Calum pokes his cheeks.

"What do you think about the glitter? It's so cool." Calum drops onto the ground and starts playing with it.

Luke thought he acted too much like a child when a few days ago he acted cool enough to be his age.

"There's alot." He says. Calum nodded and then stood up.

"I want Ash to walk in the minute I release it from above." He looked up and Luke follows his actions. On the ceiling, there's some sort of thing to be holding glitter and a rope to let it go.

"How did you do that?" Luke pointed at the whole mechanism. Calum smirks and then shrugs.

"I have many talents." He says and Luke has no doubt on believing it, "Come, I want you to tell me what beer games are cool and which ones are lame."

The day was spent way better than Luke expected. It was weird, too. He was wrong about Calum acting like a kid. He has so many aspects about his personality that it's hard for Luke to keep up.

"C'mon, I need to pick him up." Calum calls out. Luke has just finished tapping the Happy Birthday sign. He climbs down the chair and follows his new friend out the door.

Luke's mouth curl up. Calum is his friend now. They got along with sports and beer games. Luke feels comfortable with Calum poking him. It's contact but it's bearable.

"Wachu smiling about?"

Luke brings his attention to Calum. He's driving towards the same shopping center he went last night. Instead of parking in front, Calum drives around the buildings to find more stores. The car parks in front of a small section of the building.

It read, Your Favorite Records.

"So?" Calum turns off the car and faces Luke.

"Oh," Luke is definitely not telling him he's happy to have a friend after living nearly a week in this neighborhood, "nothing. It's just cool to go to a party."

Calum hummed and then exits out of the car. Once inside, Luke is in awe with the amount of CD's and vinyls placed on the red shelfs.

"Never seen a CD before?" A voice makes Luke look at male with chocolate hair swept over one side.

"Not so many in one place." Luke responds. The guy smiles, then walks away.

"Luke!" Calum comes out of nowhere with a muscle-ly guy with curly hair.

"This is my boyfriend, Ashton." Calum gestures his hands to the guy and then to Luke, "Ash, this is Luke. Our next door neighbor."

"Hi, nice to meet you." The guy throws a piece sign and giggles. Luke smiles. They're perfect for each other. The voice, though, sounds familiar.

Hello, my name is Ashton, how can I help you tonight?

Luke held the smile and tries to look like he does not know how Ashton sounds when he's grumpy.

"Sooo, let's go home!" Calum drags his lover outside and Luke follows awkwardly.

-----

A/N

Sorry for late post :c

vote and comment guys :D

Have a wonderful day/night :*

- kitten