Chapter 8

And all the things that you never ever told me

8
Luke waves bye to Calum and he enters his home. He locks the front door and throws his keys on the kitchen counter. Putting the bottle of pills inside a cabinet, he notices it's almost empty.

"Honey." A voice echoes through the house. Luke freezes in his spot. Is that my mother?

"Where are you, honey bun?" Luke gulps and turns around. There's no one in the kitchen and his gun is inside his room. The motherly voice he thought he would never hear it again, comes from the dark hallway. Of course, Luke thinks bitterly, she's in my way to the room.

"Where have you been hiding, Lucas?" The familiar face looms in the dark. Luke's breath hitches and blinks rapidly. His hand is blindly reaching for a knife. She's dead. How can she be here? She isn't human because she's dead.

"M-mum." Luke whispers. He finds the knife and grips it tight. The figure in the dark steps forward and Liz smiles to him.

"There you are, sweetheart." Her smile broadens and Luke wants to cry. He hasn't seen his mother for a long time. Two months is a long time.

"What are you doing here, mother?" He asks with such a plain voice, anyone would assume he's devoid of emotion.

"To take you home, Lucas. Come with me." She says and offers her hand. Luke knew better than to take it. She's dead and the only time he sees her is in his nightmares. His nightmares.

"You're not real." Luke states. He puts the knife back and straightens his back.

"Luke, come with me. We can be a family again." She holds her arms open for a hug. Luke shakes his head and crosses his arms.

"What are you going to do if I don't?" Luke asks. His mother's smile falls and she drops her arms. Her neck slices and blood starts to trickle down.

"You didn't help me." She's stern and pointing an accusing finger to Luke, "It's your fault I'm dead."

Luke nods and then chuckles, "Really, mother dear?" She's taken aback by his son's response and he smirks, "You think this will affect me?" He walks towards her and she widens her eyes, "You think this is your best shot? Try again." He told her with the same lifeless face she held when she was found dead.

Liz's skin turns gray and her form crumples to the floor as dirt. Luke sighs and waits until he wakes up. His usual nightmares lately have been about that night. Now is a whole different story.

Michael, on the other hand, was standing behind him. Invisibly, of course, but he's studying Luke. How is he not scared? Why was he not running to her arms? Michael raises an eyebrow at Luke, who's now moving to his room.

Fine, Michael grins, he's a challenge. I just have to pick out his strongest fears.

As Luke opens the door, he sees his brother Jack sitting on his bed.

"Jack? What are you doing here?" Luke asks. He reaches for him when Jack stands up and blinks at him to reveal black eyes. Luke tries to hold back his emotions.

"You're just a dream, Jack, you won't do anything."

Jack laughs harshly and Luke held his emotionless composure. One thing he learned from this nightmares is that it's a dream. A bad dream. It can't harm him physically.

"You might not know this but I hate you," he spits and Luke doesn't step back when he comes closer, "you killed our parents, you useless shit."

Jack's smile falters when Luke doesn't react to his words. Michael is watching Luke from a corner of the room and he frustratedly groans. Why is he not scared? Is something wrong with his abilities? None of the scenarios he creates with his powers affect Luke.

Jack dissolves into mist and Luke closes his eyes for a brief second. He only has to wait until he wakes up. This is nothing compared to the one he had last week. This is nothing. He reassures himself and then continues to head to his bed. Maybe if he sleeps in his dreams, he'll wake.

Michael isn't having it. He snaps his fingers and a figure appears leaning against the doorframe. Michael eyes the figure and decides that he looks a lot like Lucifer when he walks the earth. But he knows him and congratulates this person for appearing as the devil. He made a great job to look like him.

Luke hears footsteps behind him and he looks up to see him.

"Long time, no see, Lukey." His deep voice is taunting and Luke has to go against screaming. He doesn't say anything back.

"Michael," Jack Backarat warns beside him, "why haven't you killed him? By now, you would've snap his neck."

Michael sighs angrily, "Don't you see? He isn't scared. He doesn't even flinch."

Jack watches the hooded figure touch the blonde's cheekbone and he, in fact, doesn't flinch.

"He awfully looks like-"

"Like Lucifer, but it isn't him. I know the devil when I see him." Michael interjects. He flicks his wrist and the hooded figure is taken away by the wind. He comes forward and touches Luke's forehead.

Luke sees him leave and then feels fingertips on him. He doesn't get to think before a strong sensation of exhaustion and sleep overcome him.

The last thing Luke remembers is the words he said when he was taken, strangely, by the wind.

I will come back to finish what I started.

Both, Michael and Jack, watch Luke knock out. Michael shakes his head in amazement.

"Dude, he's different."

Jack nods suspiciously and then pats Michael's arm, "He's something else."

Jack leaves the minute Michael traces the blonde's arm and then caresses his face. On impulse, he kisses his lips and yes, they are soft.

"You're gonna be mine soon." Michael whispers. He admires how the moonlight made Luke's skin white and glow a white aura around him. He's never seen anything more beautiful in his age.

-----

A/N

DUN DUN DUN DUN

WHAT UP GUYS? HOW ARE YOU?

SO, WHAT DO YOU THINK? COMMENT YOUR OPINIONS!!! PWEESE?

In case you didn't get it:
Michael is a demon. He has powers or abilities and before he hunts for souls (basically money for them) he likes to terrify them with hallucinations and turning their worst fears into reality. Luke didn't know it was real. He thought it was one of his nightmares. That's why he didn't get scared BUT MICHAEL DOESNT KNOW THAT

ANYWAY, #ROWYSOHOUSTON AND I DIDNT GET TO GO :(
THEY HAVE WEEK OFF AND 1D WERE MAKING A MUSIC VIDEO IN NASA (which is in houston, I think)

WELL TOO BAD FOR ME. I HOPE EVERYONE'S CONCERT WAS AMAZING :D

Have a good day children 😎

- kitten

p.s. GIFs ^0^