Homecoming (Bonus Chapter)

Violet's POV

"Are you guys ready?" Alex asked me and Sam, "I think Sleeping With Sirens is pretty much done with their set."

"We're ready," Sam said, "Right, Vi?"

I nodded.  Little butterflies settled in my stomach.  It happened before every show.  I can't believe it's the last stop on tour.  It feels like I played my first concert just yesterday.  But it's been 5 months since that first concert.

"Okay guys, that's it for us tonight!" I heard Kellin say from on the stage, "But we have our special guests coming up next!  Make some noise for Violet and Sam!"

"VIOLET!  VIOLET!  VIOLET!  SAM!  SAM!  SAM!" The crowd shouted.

Kellin went off the stage and handed me the microphone, "They're all yours, kid."

I smiled and silently went onto the stage.  The crowd lost their shit, cheering and shouting my name.  I simply put my fingers to my lips and then raised my left hand.  One by one and then all at once, they mimicked my actions.  I waited until the whole venue was silent and every hand was raised.  I do this every night.  It's become kind of a tradition.

I snapped my fingers to signal the light crew and launched straight into Holiday.

"Hear the sound of the pouring rain,"

Sam joined me onstage.  The crowd went especially crazy.  He blew a few kisses to the crowd.  The screams grew louder.  He loves the attention.

Our set was only about 30 minutes, half as long as everyone else's, but that's okay.  Besides Holiday, our setlist included Teenagers, This Is Gospel, New Americana, Dammit, and Thnks Fr Th Mmrs. 

"Sing it with me if you know the words!" I shouted, "We are the new americana!"

"High on legal marijuana!" The crowd shouted back.  Someone threw a bra onstage.  Sam got to it before I did.

"Guys, control yourselves.  She's still a fucking fetus!  A child.  Save it for Jack," He scolded them and threw it back into the audience.

"I am not a child!" I protested, "You're the child!"

"If I'm the child, then why can I do this?" Sam picked me up and put me on his shoulders.

He turned to the crowd and grinned, "What do you want me to do with her?"

I smacked his head, "Sam!  Put me down you asshole!"

"Gallop?  Did I hear gallop?  I think I heard gallop.  C'mon Vi, let's gallop."

"Yankee doodle went to London riding on a pony..." He obnoxiously sang as he pranced around the stage.  The crowd was in hysterics.

"Don't laugh at me, you fuckers," I said into my microphone, "I'm suffering up here.  How many of you would want to be carted around by this dipshit?"  But apparently that was the wrong question to ask, as the cheering from the crowd just became louder.

"Alex is telling me through my headset to let you down.  What a dick," Sam said and stopped moving.  Thank God.

"JUST BECAUSE JACK DIDN'T FUCK YOU LAST NIGHT DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO TAKE IT OUT ON THE REST OF US!" He shouted in the general direction of backstage and let me down.

"Finish your set up," Flyzik said through the headset, "You've got 10 minutes."

"Okay guys, settle down, settle down," I said, "An annoying little tour manager just told me that I have to finish my set soon.  So I want to do something quickly.  Raise your hand if you've ever felt sad."