Lullabies

Violet's POV

Jinx Showalter died at 6:33 PM two days after he was sent to the hospital for an overdose. As soon as I got the call everything inside of me shut down. I couldn't eat, couldn't sleep, couldn't move. All I could do was cry. The pain was too much. Everything I saw reminded of him, my best friend. He was such a nice person. He didn't deserve any of the bullshit the world gave him.

Lindsey stayed with me the first few days after his death. We cried together. But she has a job she needs to get back to. After reassuring her that I would be fine home alone, she left for the studio with a promise to come back and check on me in a few hours. As soon as she left I started to feel a new emotion. Anger. Why did he do this? He had so much potential, why could he see it? We were here for him, all he had to do was ask for help. Why didn't he ask for help?

I picked up a pen and a notebook that was lying around on the floor. The words flew out of my pen before I even had time to think.

Plain room, hospital doors. Not much to see. A boy lies in a bed. He's made the decision to leave

All the pain, all the lies, he couldn't find a reason to try

Hours before he went upstairs with the pills in his hand. He's had enough of this mess.

It's for the best

Why did you give up the fight? Why did you leave so soon? We could have made it in this world, me and you.

If only you had given it one more chance, given life a second glance, then maybe everything would be better

We were birds of a feather

Together

A girl sits by his hospital bed, "Stay," She whispers in his ear, "I can take your pain away. Tomorrow's a new day. But that can only happen if you stay."

But she's too late. He's in the hands of fate.

Why did you give up the fight? Why did you leave so soon? We could have made it in this world, me and you.

If only you had given it one more chance, given life a second glance, then maybe everything would be better

We were birds of a feather

Together

The day he left the world cried

The skies turned grey, flowers died

The girl, she sank to her knees to beg and plead

But there was nothing that could be done

He was already gone

(A/N These are my lyrics and this is the first song I've ever tried writing. I don't think it would sound good if it was actually sang as a song, but I'm still proud of myself for making everything rhyme and stuff. Tbh I think of it as more of a poem, but we're just going to call it a song. Okay? Okay.)

I had to stop writing then. I couldn't continue. The feelings were getting too strong. So went into the darkest corner I could find and cried. Just cried.

I heard the front door open. Footsteps came over to me.

"Violet?" A familiar voice said, "Are you home?"

"I-I thought you had concerts in New York," I managed to choke out before bursting into tears once again.

"I did," Gerard said softly, "But I cancelled them all as soon as I heard the news. Violet, I'm so sorry."