I Miss You

Violet's POV

I hummed softly to myself as I helped Crystal hang up the last of the tinsel around the house.  It was almost time for the guests to arrive and I wasn't having total panic attack.  Yet.

"I know Colton wants you to socialize and all that," Crystal was saying, "But if you start feeling anxious or uncomfortable I put your iPod in your room so you can listen to music for a bit.  I know you're not supposed to have it, but this is Christmas.  Besides, you deserve a break from all the crap he's put on you."

I managed a slight smile, "Thanks Crystal."

The doorbell rang.  The butterflies in my stomach started to slowly take over.  Fuck.

"Merry Christmas!  It's so good to see you again!" Crystal hugged an older woman.  I just stood by the tree in the hall hoping no one would notice me.

"It's good to see you too, Mom," Crystal said, "There's someone I want you to meet."  She gestured to me.

"This is Violet.  She was Colton and Anna's daughter."

"Hello Violet," She said, "You can call me Nan."

"Hi," I mumbled.

"Violet is kind of shy," Crystal must have sensed my discomfort and guided her mother's attention away from me, "I need some help with the stuff in the kitchen."

Some more people came in the door.  One of them was a guy that looked a lot like Sam.  Wait, I think that is Sam.

"Violet?  What the fuck are you doing here?" Yep.  Definitely Sam.

"Colton and Crystal are my parents," I told him, "I live here."

"Colton is my uncle," Sam said, "If you're his daughter, how come I haven't seen you at any other family events?  Wait, you're Anna's kid, aren't you?"

I nodded.

"Okay, that sort of makes sense.  You look like her.  So, why weren't you living here before?" He asked me.

"It's a long story."

"Well unless you want to deal with all this Christmas bullshit, then we have plenty of time."

Jinx's POV

"Jinx, I have a present for you!"  Aunt Lilly excitedly said and put a medium sized package in my hands.

"You didn't have to get me anything," I said.  We were already pretty tight on money.  Yesterday I didn't even eat dinner because we needed to save food to get us through the week.

I opened the box.  It was the Pierce The Veil sweatshirt I had been had been wanting for a while. 

"Do you like it?" She asked me.

"Yeah.  I love it.  Thanks Lilly."

She beamed, "I knew you'd like it.  Besides, I think that panic at the party sweatshirt you always wear needs a break."  I smiled, she always gets the band names wrong.  But I'll give her credit for trying.

"Do we have a meeting with the caseworkers today?" I asked her.  They'd been requesting meetings a lot lately.  Usually they just have a yearly checkup and leave us alone the rest of the time. 

"Not today.  We have one tomorrow, though."

The caseworkers have been requesting a lot of meetings lately.  They've never done this before. 

Gerard's POV

I anxiously paced in front of the door.  Violet is coming to visit today!  I can't wait to see her.