Vampire Money

Violet's POV

Outside of the treehouse all I could see was leaves. A kaleidoscope of orange, yellow, and red covered the ground and the branches of the tree. It's finally fall.

I love fall. Who doesn't? The air gets cooler, the leaves turn colors, pumpkin scented/flavored things start to appear on store shelves, what's not to like?

"VIOLET GET A SWEATSHIRT ON WE'RE ABOUT TO GO!" Gerard called for me from the porch. Today we're going to a farm to get a pumpkin so we can make a Jack O Lantern (A/N I think I spelled that wrong, but whatever. You guys know what I mean).

We were also going to pick up Jinx so he could come with us. Gerard also said he would pay me and Jinx 20 dollars each if we raked up all of the leaves in the yard. So after we get back from the farm we were going to get started on that and put the money towards our 'PTV Tickets' fund. They were coming to New Jersey in early November and Vic gave us free tickets and backstage passes but Gerard would only let us go if we paid for half of it ourselves. And since half of it came to around 150 dollars we had been working our asses off for the past month. Right now we're at about 100 dollars, so raking the leaves should bring us pretty close to our goal.

If I have any extra time I'm also going to try to get out to the barn to ride Picasso. There's a show in a few weeks that I want to go to and I really need to work on my position over fences.

"VIOLET WE'RE GOING TO LEAVE WITHOUT YOU!"

I grabbed a Sleeping With Sirens pullover and ran out of the treehouse, "I'm coming Dad!"

We quickly swung by Jinx's house and made the journey to the farm.

"Jinx! Jinx! Guess what I'm going to be in the Halloween presentation!" Bandit said.

"Hmmm," Jinx pretended to be deep in thought, "A bat?"

"Nope!"

"A brain eating zombie?"

Bandit giggled, "No! Guess again."

"A hairy, smelly, werewolf?"

"Ew! No! You get one more guess."

"Gerard's already the werewolf. He wouldn't even need to dress up." Lindsey commented from the front seat.

"Hey!" Gerard protested, "I am not smelly! I shower every day. And this hair is fabulous."

"An evil witch that turns people into toads?" Jinx used up his last guess.

"You guessed wrong! I'm going to be a black cat. Meow!"

"A cat was my next guess," Jinx said, "Damn- I mean darn it!"

"Are you going to come watch the presentation?" Bandit asked him.

"Of course," Jinx said, "I would never miss it."

Jinx is really good with little kids. I don't know where that gentle caring part of him comes from, but I'm glad it's there. Bandit absolutely loves him. She even refers to him as her brother.

I saw orange spotted fields in the distance "OH MY GOD WE'RE HERE!" I yelled which caused Gerard to almost crash the car.

"Jesus Violet," he mumbled, "Calm the fuck down."

"Sorry," I said, "I got excited."

After finding a place to park we got on the giant hay wagon and we headed out the field. Bandit was overflowing with excitement.

"We're going to get a pumpkin," She whisper-sang to herself, "We're going to get a pumpkin, a pumpkin, a pumpkin. We're going to get a pumpkin and Jinx's hair is green." Although her songwriting skills needed a little work, I could tell my sister was going to be a great musician. Her biological parents were Gerard and Lindsey Way, after all.