Go Go Go

Violet's POV

I felt soft fabric under me. Where the fuck am I? The last place I remember is Gerard's car. I opened my eyes. Oh, wait, I'm in bed. That makes sense. I felt something on my forehead. It was a sticky note. I tore it off and read it.

You were out cold. I put you in bed. Unfortunately, Lindsey stands true to her earlier statement. No cookies for Gerard.

I smiled and got out of bed. What were we supposed to be doing today? Oh right, shopping. Then Frank and Mikey were coming over later. I hope I don't fuck things up like usual. I've never been the the smartest. I got dressed (Fall Out Boy shirt and ripped skinny jeans. Typical emo kid outfit) and made my way downstairs, something smelled really good.

"Good morning." Gerard said, he was making pancakes. "Food?" He asked me. "Sure." I said and he put a plate of pancakes in front of me. "Eat, sunshine."

Gerard starting singing, "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are grey..." I blushed. I've never had a nickname before. No one's ever sang to me either. I'm not used to this affection.

Lindsey came down the stairs. "Good morning Violet." She said to me. I smiled, "Good morning." She gave Gerard a kiss on the cheek, "Morning, Ger-bear. What's the plan for today?" "We're going to the mall," Gerard said and flipped a pancake, "Hey Violet, would you like a MacBook?"

"Not if it costs you guys any money."

"Well too bad," Gerard said, "You're getting one. I'll get electronics and paint and stuff for your room while you and Lindsey shop for clothes. Is that okay with you?" "Yeah," I said, "That's fine. Can my room be purple?"

"Sure. Do you still want those glow in the dark stars we talked about yesterday?" He asked me. "YES." Gerard laughed, "Alright then. I'll be sure to pick up some stuff for that."

Gerard's POV

I walked into the Apple store. I needed to buy a MacBook, iPhone, and iPad for Violet. She told me not to buy her anything, but I think we both know that's not going to happen. I ended up getting her all of the apple products I told her I would buy and some phone and iPad cases. On my way to the Lowe's in the mall I passed a jewelery store, I decided to take a look in case there was anything I wanted to buy for Lindsey later. A flash of yellow caught my eye. The necklace was pretty simple, a sun on a silver chain, but it was absolutely gorgeous. It reminded me of Violet, my little sunshine.

"Can I see the yellow sun necklace?" I asked the store clerk. "Sure." She said and took it out of the glass jewelry case and handed it to me. "It's genuine yellow topaz," She said, "The symbol of the sun.  It's said to take away depression."  Perfect.  This is perfect for her.

"How much is it?" I asked her. "60 dollars," She said "Which is actually a really good deal. I've seen topaz like this go for over 200. And the chain is pure sterling silver."

"Okay," I said, "I'll take it. And, um, could I have the crystal snowflake necklace and the ring that has the diamond star on it?" I decided to get a piece of jewelry for each or my girls. The sun for Violet (my sunshine), the snowflake for Bandit (who like many kids her age, was obsessed with everything Frozen), and the star Lindsey (my guiding light).

"Alright," The woman said, "That'll be 200 dollars." Shit. Jewelry is not cheap. I fished out my credit card and she checked me out. "Are these for a girlfriend?" She asked me. I shook my head, "No. They're for my wife and daughters."

"How old are your daughters?" She asked me. "One is 6, one is 12." I answered. The lady finished ringing up the jewelry. "Well, they are going to love these." She said, "Have a nice day." I smiled, "You too."

Violet's POV

"Where do you want to go first?" Lindsey asked me. "Hot Topic." I immediately said. "Good choice." Lindsey said and we made our way towards the store. In the orphanage once a year they gave us some money and took us to the mall so we could get clothes. Everyone always headed straight towards Forever 21 or Hollister, I spent all my money in Hot Topic.

I heard the music from about 8 feet away. The song was Fly by Sleeping With Sirens. I hummed along to the lyrics and we went into the store. Lindsey grabbed a basket thingy, "Go find some stuff you like," She told me, "I'll pick out some shirts or posters or whatever."

"Not too many," I said, "I don't want you guys to spend a lot of money on me."

"Don't worry about money, Violet. Get what you want." Lindsey said. So I went and I looked around the store and I picked out a few things. An All Time Low shirt, A Pierce The Veil shirt, and a My Chemical Romance bracelet. I didn't want to seem greedy. I found Lindsey over by the Panic! At The Disco stuff. The shopping basket was almost overflowing.

"Hi Violet," Lindsey said cheerfully, "I picked out some stuff for you." She took a shirt off the rack and tossed it in the basket. "I think that should just about do it. Ready for checkout?"

"Lindsey, you can't buy me all this." I felt really guilty having them spend all this money on me. "I'm the one with the credit card," Lindsey said, "I decide what to spend my money on."

After Hot Topic I let Lindsey drag me into a hat shop "Hats are fun Violet. Who doesn't like hats?" She said before she dragged me into the hell of West Jersey Mall (Also known as Houdini's Hat Shoppe). Holy fuck, there were a lot of hats. I understand that this is a hat shop, but still. There was a shit ton of hats. Me and Lindsey spent almost an hour running around the store and trying them on.

"Ooh, Violet, try this one on." Lindsey tossed a hat to me, "This would look cute on you." I caught the hat. It was a purple plaid Patrick Stump style fedora. The band around the middle was black. I tried it on. It fit perfectly. "Looks good," Lindsey said, "Let's buy it." We bought my hat and a Star Wars beanie for Gerard. As the cashier was ringing up the hats Lindsey got a text.

"It's from Gerard," She said, "He wants to know where the hell we are. He says he's outside Aeropostale, which is right across from here. Could you go get him, Vi? I'll finish up here." I nodded and went out to find Gerard.

"I like your shirt." A voice said from behind me. I turned around. A boy was standing there. A really cute boy. He had brown hair and the most amazing green eyes. I swear they looked exactly like emeralds. "Thanks." I said. The boy smiled, "You're very beautiful." Wait, what? I blushed and looked down at my shoes. "Um, thank you." I mumbled. When I looked up he was gone. Where did he go?

I felt a hand on my shoulder, "Violet, are you okay?" It was Gerard. "Yeah," I said, "I'm fine. Did you get paint and stuff for my room?" Gerard nodded, "Yup. I got all that and some other stuff for you. What did you and Lindsey shop for?"

"We went to Hot Topic and then to a hat store," Lindsey said, "Look at the adorable hat we found for Violet." She took out the fedora and plopped it on my head. "I need a selfie of this," Gerard said, "C'mon Violet, smile for the camera." We took a selfie. "See beautiful?" Lindsey said, "Just like the cute boy said."

"Wait, the cute boy?" Gerard looked confused, "What cute boy?"

"A boy just came up to Violet and said she was beautiful," Lindsey said, "He was pretty cute, right Vi?" I could feel my face turning scarlet, "He was kind of cute." I mumbled. "Well, if he thinks he can take my daughter away from me he's got another thing coming." Gerard muttered threateningly.

"Easy there tiger," Lindsey said and patted him arm, "I don't think she's going anywhere yet."

"That reminds me," Gerard said, "I bought some stuff for you guys." He reached into a bag and pulled out some jewelry boxes. He handed the smaller one to Lindsey, and the larger one to me. I opened mine and I saw the most beautiful necklace. It was a yellow sun on a silver chain. "This is gorgeous," I said and fastened it around my neck.

"I saw it and I knew I had to buy it for you." Gerard said, "It reminded me of you."

"Thank you." I whispered and hugged Gerard. And for the first time in my life I felt safe.