Centuries

Violet's POV

BOOM!

I started shaking. Oh my God oh my God oh my God. Thunderstorm. Tears started steaming down my face. What is happening? I don't know what I'm doing or why I'm crying.

My breathing started getting heavier. Panic attack, I thought to myself, This is a panic attack. I need help.

I went down the hall to Gerard and Lindsey's room, where Alex was staying. I opened the door slightly. "Alex?" I whispered, "Are you awake?"

"I am now. Is the thunder scaring you?" He asked me.

"M-Maybe."

"Violet you don't have to be so brave all the time," He said softly, "Now come over here and tell me why you are crying." I sat on the bed and tried to collect my thoughts. Alex took my hands.

"Vi, you're shaking. What's wrong? Are you having a panic attack?"

I threw my arms around Alex's neck and sobbed into his chest. He held me protectively and started singing.

"Say goodbye to the halls and the classes

Say hello to a job and the taxes

Weekends with old friends spilling into 9 to 5 routine

Tell me how you feel over and done with

Like your life is a map with no compass to guide,

At the bar drinkin' way too much

We sing along to Forever Young."

I recognized the song he was singing to me. Somewhere In Neverland. I love this song.

"Wendy, run away with me

I know I sound crazy

Don't you see what you do to me?

I wanna be your lost boy

Your last chance, a better reality

Wendy we can get away

I promise if you're with me, say the word and we'll find a way

I can be your lost boy, your last chance

Your everything better plan

Oh, somewhere in Neverland."

My breathing gradually slowed down. By the end of the song I had stopped shaking and everything was almost back to normal.

"Feeling better?" Alex asked me. I nodded and pulled myself out of his embrace.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It was just a little panic attack. Nothing to be concerned about." I said. Another clap of thunder shook the house. I flinched. God, I hate this.

"Violet, you know damn well that isn't true. Did the storm trigger it?"

I took a deep breath, "When I was five my mother committed suicide on a night when there was a thunderstorm. Now every time I hear thunder I freak out."

"Oh princess," Alex pulled me close. "You've been through so much." He kissed the top of my head.

"You are a warrior," He whispered, "Never forget that." His finger traced a scar on my wrist.

"Stay strong, princess. Let me sing you a song."

Alex started singing Missing You. My eyelids started getting heavy. Sleep...