Roger Rabbit

Violet's POV

At 9:30 we officially turned off our porch lights and trick or treating ended for the night. Lindsey came back with a hyperactive Bandit. Jinx's aunt said he could stay the night since it was a Friday, Jinx had been spending most of his time over here anyway so spending the night wouldn't really make a huge difference, and as soon as Bandit fell asleep the rest of us were going to try to have a horror movie all-nighter fueled only by leftover candy.

"Shit!" Gerard swore, "It's Frank's birthday. Violet, get your laptop, we need to Skype him."

I got my laptop from my room and sat beside Gerard as he connected to Skype. Frank's face appeared on the screen.

"I was wondering when you were going to call." He said dryly.

"Happy birthday Uncle Frank!" I sang into the camera.

"Hi lovebug!" Frank said, "That's one badass costume you got there."

"I know right? I'm a zombie cheerleader and I eat candy and the souls of little children."

Frank laughed, "Yup, you are totally my niece. Did you eat any souls today?"

"Nope. Just candy."

"So, what did you do today?" Gerard asked him, taking the subject away from the souls of small children.

"We just went out to dinner and I got presents," Frank said. He put a flower crown on his head.

"Lily and Cherry made me this."

"Aww, that's adorable." Cherry and Lily were like the cutest twins in the world.

"And Jamia got me this." Frank lifted a new guitar towards the camera. It was a bright blue with silver stars on it.

"Nice guitar," Gerard said, "I bet you'll get some use out of that.

I heard some shouting off-camera.

"Looks like the sugar has set in," Frank said, "I gotta go. Bye Gerard, bye Violet."

Frank logged off. Jinx shoved a huge bowl of candy in front of me. "Eat up Vi Vi, let's see if we can go all night." He said.

"Jinx. Catch." I threw another piece of candy at him. He caught it in his mouth, like usual.

"Now you try." Jinx tossed a starburst. I missed.

"You were supposed to catch it, dipshit."

"I'm trying! Do another one."

He tossed me another piece of candy. I missed. Again.

"How the fuck did you not get that one? I aimed it perfectly." He said.

"No wasting candy!" Gerard said, "We need that." He put a bunch of dvds on the table.

"Here's our selection for tonight."

We were going to start with some old movies and work our way up to the newer stuff. Up first was the original black and white Dracula, then The Exorcist and The Conjuring, and finishing with The Gallows. This is gonna be awesome.

"Oh yeah, Violet I need to tell you this. We're going on a cruise next week. You and Bandit are staying with Frank." Gerard said.

A cruise??? Why didn't they tell me this sooner?

"But the Pierce The Veil concert is next week. And so is my first horse show!" I've been working really hard to prepare me and Picasso for my show. I think we could actually win. More than anything, I wanted Gerard to be there when our hard work paid off.