Alone Together

Gerard's POV

"Violet! Your uncle Frank is here!" I called to her. "Coming!" Violet yelled back and hopped down the stairs. "Do you think they'll like me?" She asked me.

"Sunshine, they'll love you." I said and ruffled Violet's hair. "There is nothing to be worried about."

"Hey Gerard!" Frank gave me a hug, "How have you been?"

"I'm great," I said. Frank smiled at Violet, "And you must be my new niece Violet. Hello."

"Hi," Violet said shyly.

"Have you seen the treehouse?" Frank asked her. "The treehouse? We have a treehouse?" She said excitedly.

"Hell yeah we have a treehouse," Frank said, "Wanna go see it?"

"YES YES YES!"

"ALRIGHT LET'S GO!"

"WE'RE GOING TO THE TREEHOUSE!"

"THE TREEHOUSE THE TREEHOUSE!"

"WE'RE GOING TO THE TREEHOUSE!"

I heard them chanting all the way into the backyard. I smiled, if anyone could get Violet out of her shell it would be Frank.

"I see that Frank is here," Mikey said and came in the door, "There's a lot of noise coming from the backyard."

"Yeah," I said, "He's with Violet. They're going to the treehouse. Hopefully she likes it, so then all of our work won't go waste."

Me and Mikey originally built the treehouse for Bandit a few years ago. But Bandit doesn't really use it, so it's been empty for about 2 years. Which is a shame because we spent a lot of time and money on this thing.

"How is Violet settling in?" Mikey asked me, "Does she feel comfortable with you and Lynz yet?"

"I think she likes it here," I said, "I mean she seemed pretty happy to get out of the orphanage. She gave me a hug today, so I think she trusts me at least a little bit."

"That's awesome! What about Lynz?"

"I don't really know about Lynz," I confessed, "Her social worker said that she has some issues trusting females, so we're just going to give her time."

Violet's POV

"Here it is!" Frank said and we stepped into the backyard. There was a huge tree over by the fence and built inside the tree was a humungous treehouse.

"The stairs and door are on the back side of the tree," Frank said, "That way people that are in the house can't see you enter. Cool, right?" I nodded. We climbed the stairs and Frank opened the door.

"And this is where the magic happens. And by magic I do not mean sex."

This was a pretty badass treehouse. There were windows on the wall facing the house (So that you could spy on the people in the yard?), a couch, a beanbag chair, and a table with a couple chairs.

"This is awesome!" I exclaimed.

"And the best part is you'll have it all to yourself," Frank said, "Bandit never comes up here."

"So I can put whatever I want up here?"

"You got it kiddo. Wait, let me show you the actual best part."

Frank walked over to the wall by the door. One of boards had a star on it. He pressed the star and one of the panels on the floor swung open.

"It's a secret compartment," he explained, "You can hide your drugs in here."

I laughed, "Thanks Uncle Frank. I'll keep that in mind."

"So, Gerard said you went shopping today. What kind of stuff did you get?" Frank asked me.

"I got a phone, some bracelets, posters, a bunch of shirts, an awesome hat-" I started, "You know what? I'll just bring some of it up here."

I quickly ran down to the house and grabbed a few bags.

"Where are you going sunshine?" Gerard asked me. He and Lindsey were sitting at the table talking to Mikey.

"I'm just bringing some posters and stuff up to the treehouse." I said. "Frank and I are going to redecorate."

"Okay Vi, have fun."

I went back up to the treehouse. "Okay, I'm back." I said. "Here's some of the stuff we got."

Frank reached into the first bag. He pulled out a magazine with Ronnie Radke on the cover. "Ooh, Alternative Press magazine." He said and skimmed through the pages, "This is good stuff." The whole first bag was filled with magazines. Kerrang!, Alternative Press, Billboard, etc. I don't even know where Lindsey found all these.

I unrolled the first poster from the second bag. It was My Chemical Romance. "Frank, you look really emo in this." I said and handed him the poster, "What's with the makeup?" Frank laughed, "Oh my God, that is me. That was when I was half blond! So if you think I look fucked up just take a look at your father. He's in the front." Gerard looked completely different.

"That was Gerard?"

"That was Gerard."

"He looks so different." I said.

"He does," Frank said, "Ah, the days of Warped tour and eyeliner."

After a while we finished putting the posters. The treehouse looked totally emo kid approved.

"OH MY GOD LOOK AT THIS HAT!"

It sounds like Frank found my fedora. He put it on. "Let's go show Gerard."

"GERARD GERARD LOOK AT ME WEARING VIOLET'S HAT!" Frank burst into the house yelling.

"You look great, sweetheart," Gerard said to Frank, "But I like it better on my own daughter."

"What?" Frank retorted, "Just look at this." He sashayed down the hallway. "How do I look Violet?"

"You look fabulous," I said to Frank, "Absolutely fabulous."

Frank kissed my cheek and gave me a big hug, "Thank you lovebug. I am really looking forward to being your uncle."