Crushcrushcrush

Violet's POV

I struggled to stay awake in Algebra. God, this class is so boring. All my classes are too easy. I need something harder. I wrote some song lyrics instead of taking notes.

They left us alone, the kids in the dark. To burn out forever or light up a spark. When we come together, state of the art. We'll never surrender the kids in the dark, the kids in the dark...

"And Violet will work with Dallas."

I was pulled out of my dreamworld. Did I just hear my name? Did I just hear Dallas's name?

"What are we doing?" I quickly whispered to Jinx, who was sitting beside me.

"Math version of 20 questions. You solve a problem and ask your partner the question that corresponds to your answer. And you and Dallas, my OTP, are working together." Jinx whispered back.

"Oh my God, your OTP, really?" I can't believe he was still holding on to this. It's been like a month.

"Yes, really," He said, "I can feel the fuckin chemistry."

"And go get with your partners. Remember, you are graded on this!" The teacher said and everyone started moving.

Dallas came over to my desk, "Hi Violet!" He said cheerfully. "Uh, hi." I mumbled.

"Can we work over here?" He asked me, "It seems that the guys are working at my desk area." All of the jocks had quickly taken over Dallas's table and were creating an unnecessary amount of noise.

I managed a nervous laugh, "Sure. But we need, um, cards and papers."

"Exactly, go I'll get those." Dallas said and went to get the stuff from the teacher.

"Aww, Vi Vi does have a crush," Jinx teased me, "This is adorable."

I elbowed him in the ribs, "Shut up. I hate you. Go jump off a cliff."

Jinx smiled, "Ah, friendship."

Dallas came back with the stuff. We started the game. The first problem was adding fractions. Easy peasy pumpkin pie motherfuckers (A/N I am so sorry. I just had to put this in. I'll just go take a time out in the corner now).

"Favorite music artists/bands?" Dallas asked me.

"Um, probably All Time Low, Green Day, and Fall Out Boy." I said. Dallas smiled, "Cool. I like them too."

I drew a card for Dallas, "Uh, do you play any instruments?"

"I play saxophone in band here, and I have a guitar at home." His voice went to a whisper, "And don't tell the guys, but I also write songs."

"Oh my God, that's so cool," I said, "I've tried to write songs but the ones I end up with are always really stupid. I also play guitar, even though I'm not very good. My Dad's also been teaching me drums."

"Your Dad can play the drums?" Dallas exclaimed, "You're so lucky! My parents aren't interested in any of that stuff."

Besides the fact that he loved music, I learned a lot about Dallas. Like his favorite color was green, he played football, he hated peppers, and he had a German Shepherd named Comanche. He seemed like a genuinely nice guy. Unfortunately, it was time to end far too soon. We cleaned up all the cards and handed our papers to the teacher.

"I want to keep talking to you," Dallas said. He wrote his phone number on a scrap of paper. "Text me later, okay?" I nodded.

Jinx peeked over my shoulder, "Holy shit, you got his number? Ship confirmed."