Chapter 14

Chapter 14 – unedited (Written 3/7/2013)

*Saturday 6th July* ~Ten Weeks Pregnant~

Ara checked into the cheap motel where she left her bags, collected keys and left the building to visit her new apartment. It was the most popular apartment blocks that the people who attend NYU live in.

It was probably in one of the best places possible, it was close to the university and was close to small cafe's and restaurants. Just looking at the area, Ara nearly squealed in delight. This would be the perfect place to raise her baby at the start then she'd probably move into a bigger complex when she makes enough money.

She thanked the taxi driver and paid him the required amount before getting out. Everyone was walking around with their coats on or any sort of cover up.

Ara stayed in her oversized hoodie but changed into acceptable skinny jeans before. She was excited, getting her life started. 

Walking in, she finds the reception quickly. A lady sat behind her desk, working and organising folders. Ara walked up to her, taking in the place. There was – luckily – an elevator and waiting room. The place looked so cosy and felt so warm, Ara couldn't stop the smile on her face from getting any bigger. 

"Hello Darling, what's your name?" The lady behind the desk asks Ara, pulling her out of her thoughts. 

"Oh, I'm Arabella Pierce. I'm the new erm...tenant and I'm here to pick up my keys." She says confidently, stumbling a little. The lady smiles kindly at her. 

"You've got apartment 7B. Lucky girl, you got quite a pretty view from up there. Enjoy!" The lady says, handing Ara a set of keys. Ara smiled back at her. 

"Thank you. I'll see you later." Ara tells her with a nod then turns around to leave. Ara slides the keys into her hoodie pocket; also putting her hands in there then walks out the building. Well, she's got her apartment down; with her new job she'll be able to keep it going with out a roommate. 

Ara was walking, her head down without realising it. She was getting a job model. She had a job as a model, a freaking model. That was the problem. She was pregnant, she would eventually get bigger and bigger each week and her aunt would easily notice. 

She'll somehow have to convince her not to tell her parents, because they'd probably die if they knew this. 

All of a sudden, Ara hit the pavement with a small thump and an audible gasp. 

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry! Are you all right? I'm sorry I should have watched where I was going!" The dirty blonde haired girl exclaims, holding her hand out and helping Ara up. 

Ara gives her a small smile. "Sorry, it was my fault. I'm Ara." Ara introduces herself, holding out a hand while using the other to calm down her messy hair. The girl smiles, a small glow in her grey eyes. 

"Ara, short for Arabella I'm guessing? I'm Faith. And before you get ask why I was called that, my Mom is like some spiritual gypsy thing. She's really laid back, thus the name Faith. I've got a sister named Hope. Oh, sorry I'm rambling!" Faith rambles, apologising after. Ara laughs with a smile; never once had she had much communication with a girl and actually laughed along. 

"That's nice. Well, I'll see you around, I've got to buy some furniture for my new house." Ara answers honestly. 

"Sure. You live in the Gray Building's right? Most people do. 'Cause if you do, you must be attending NYU, right?" Faith guesses. Ara laughs and nods. 

"Yup. 7B actually. But I won't be attending NYU 'til the fall." Ara tells her. Faith grins at her, pulling out a small notebook from her pocket and a pen from her handbag.