Chapter 36 - Part 2

Chatper 36 - Part 2 (Unedited - Written 5/1/2014)

*Tuesday 28th June*

Everyone was in complete silence, agreeing with Lily's previous statement. They were all thinking about this fight, how it would go and what they could do. That's what made Ara think.

"You know what would be a good idea?" Ara asks open-mindedly as soon as Tatiana left to complete some chores around the castle. Xander put a pause on his flowing thoughts of the war that is to come and squeezed Ara's shoulder's smiling down at her.

"Nope, what might that good idea be?" He asks as an answer.

"If I started my training tomorrow morning. I mean, we already know what's going to happen and eventually I'm going to have to lead this pack and the werewolf world alongside with you, and to do that I must be strong and skillful to protect everyone and my family. I can't just sit here and do nothing I want to go out there to help, I don't just want to fight - I need to fight. And so I really want to start my training tomorrow so I'm ready to help everyone and-" Ara ends up rambling but Xander stops her with a laugh and a small kiss on the cheek.

Not to mention that small kiss being very, very close to the lips.

"Of course you can start training, but you must remember that even though you're future Luna, we won't go easy on you. We'll train you to the best. It's going to take time and I know we should have started earlier, but in this time I promise you that you will be ready and no matter what, I will stand by your side through it all." He says, making Ara grin happily and wrap her arms around his torso, squeezing him in her small embrace.

It wasn't long before Xander wrapped his arms around her, kissing her forehead lightly. Lily was standing there, watching it all. Watching how her eldest son looks down at the young girl in complete love, and she knew that Xander really does love Ara.

As for Ara, Lily knew that the young human who has been thrust upon the werewolf world is falling truly, madly and deeply in love with her son. And she wouldn't have it any other way.

"I'm sorry for ruining the moment, but I have been eavesdropping for about the entire time and well, I know you're scared Ara, but about everyone in this room, in this castle, are willing to help and protect you. We all love you and it would be a good idea for you to start training. We can train together and it will be fun, but tough." Faith says, come out from behind the wall where she was hiding, along with Sebastian who was hiding with her, making Ara and Xander break apart but still standing close to each other.

"Me, Xander and Faith will help you train to become your best." Sebastian adds, wrapping his arm around Faith's shoulders.

"Faith, Xander and I." Faith corrects him, poking his stomach with a small giggle. Sebastian playfully groans and rolls his eyes.

"Same thing, same thing."

"Actually no. Faith, Xander and I is grammatically correct. You, my fellow mate, have no sense of grammar-at all."

"Oh c'mon babe, it's practically the same thing."

"Don't 'babe' me right now Sebastian. We need to be all tough and serious." Faith teases, using her fingers as quotation marks around the word 'babe'.

Sebastian just sighs and growls softly. The two love birds got a little caught up in their playful arguement for a few seconds until Sebastian finally shook his head in amusement and became more serious.

"Okay, so Faith, Xander and I will help you train to your best." Sebastian repeated, Faith nodding in appreciation with a smirk playing on her lips. Through it all, Ara couldn't stop smiling at her wonderful friends and mate, all willing to help her. She felt her eyes wetten a little and she brought up the back of her hand to wipe it all away. It was embarrassing to cry, even though she was tearing up in happiness.

"Oh my gosh, excuse my uhm...my uh reaction, I just didn't think- I just, I'm so thankful and so happy oh gosh why am I crying." Ara stutters, tears of happiness falling down her soft slightly red cheeks, a little laugh escaping her mouth.

They all chuckled, Xander squeezing her shoulders telling her it's alright. She was expressing her feelings and he was happy those tears came out in joy, but not in pain or hurt.

Nobody noticed that Lily and Xander's younger siblings had slipped out of the room, along with all the servants, letting the group of young adults and one toddler talk everything out, having their little emotional moment.

After a while of standing in silence, a small voice brought them back to reality to realise thar they were standing in the middle of the tv room, hugging and smiling and just comforting each other by just being right there.

"Mommy, I'm hungee" Caleb said, his head resting against his father's collarbone and his thumb slightly in his mouth. Ara laughs a little, lifting Caleb out of Xander's arms and resting him on her hips. Immediately her wraps his small chubby arms around the nape of her neck.

"Ah yes, it's lunch time. How about we go get some lunch?" She says, directly to Caleb but also inviting everyone else.

"I'm pretty sure they're cooking up a big meal in the kitchen-" Xander starts saying before getting cut off by his growling stomach. No seriously, it could be mistaken for a wolf growl. Oh the perks of being a powerful, hungry future Alpha male.

They all start chuckling, walking out of the room and down to the dining area where the servants were rushing around, placing dishes down on the table like a big buffet and most of Xander's family all sat around the table.

Ara slid Caleb in his baby-seat, then settling herself in between her son and Xander and placing the napkin over her lap.

Xander had his arm around Ara's chair, grabbing a few sandwiches for his small little family with one thing on his mind. The trial. They couldn't start her training yet, because tomorrow morning is the trial.

And so, who's going to die, who's going to survive?

~~~~~~~~~~

Later that night, Caleb was put to bed in his bedroom at ten o'clock, Ara and Xander leaving the room and heading to the game/tv room. Sebastian and Faith were already there, going against each other on some random racing game, and by the looks of it Faith was smashing Sebastian down to the ground and spitting dirt at him.,

As they crossed the finish line, Sebastian's eyes widen in disbelief and he groans in defeat.

"This is complete and utter bullshit! I swear to god, you cheated dear mate of mine, I always win!" He yells in a playful manner, but you could tell he was embarrassed to be defeated by a girl. His own mate and wife to be precise.

Faith was doubled over, laughing, she had tears coming out of her eyes and her hand that wasn't holding the xbox controller was smacking the couch in laughter.

"Oh sweet Luna, that was priceless! You have the best reactions- ever! Did your face? Please tell me someone at least recorded that!" Faith says between laughter, where she ends up rolling off the couch and right on top of Sebastian who stuffs his head on to her stomach and groans in embarrassment.

Xander raises his hand up, laughing along with Ara and puts his phone down. He couldn't resist not taking out his phone and tapping his best friend's defeat. Especially since he lost to his own mate.

When Faith looked up to see Xander putting away his phone and Ara holding on to him for support, she couldn't stop herself from laughing even harder.

Sebastian was supressing a baby pout to the trio who were laughing.

"I know you cheated because that is physically impossible!" He states grumpily, crossing his arms over Faith's body which has been literally sprawled out over him. Faith giggles a little, sitting up to peck her mate's nose before stuffing her face into his shoulder, laughing a lot more.

"Pure skill, babe, pure skill!"

"Ugh I give up, just please put on a movie." Sebastian states, sighing once again. Of course, his ego had practically just been stomped on the ground and flushed down the toilet, he had lost all his manly-ness to that dear mate of his.

Ara and Xander take a seat next to each other on the couch, Ara bring her legs up and resting them over Xander's lap. The action made him smike, and she say that smile, it even made her smile. He started rubbing over her jean-covered knee, in a sign of affection while the other couple were playfully wrestling over the movie they should be watching.

It took a while, because Faith was so keen on watching one of the Twilight movies, or some other chick flick while Sebastian was voting for The Hangover. In the end, Ara chose.

"We should totally watch Twilight, I mean who doesn't want to see Taylor Lautner? I mean there are two words to define him and that is DA-YUM!" Faith yells while Sebastian shakes his head amusingly.

"We will be watching the Hangover, now move out of my way Princess, you ain't gonna win this fight." Was his oh-so excellent comeback.

"Nope, it's twilight!"

"Hangover!"

"Twilight!"

"Hangover!"

"Twilight!"

"Hangover! Because no one wants to see a movie about stereotypical werewolves which actually don't exist and we practically get insulted that they compare us to such vile disgusting creatures!"

"Twilight, because no one wants to witness their poor innocent eyes get ruined by the vile site of four idiotic drunk men practically ruin their lives by deciding it'd be a good idea to go to Las Vegas just before their friend's wedding night-"

"Just put in The Hunger Games. I seriously can't stand your yapping this late into the night. You two fight like an old married couple! Sheesh." Ara snaps tiredly, resting her head on the arm of the couch. Xander laughs at what she said, also at the two blondes on the floor who froze and turned to snap back at Ara.

"We are a married couple!" They yell in unison. Ara bringing her hand up to cover her giggles.

"Yeah, I bet you're old too." Ara says sarcastically, but they all knew she was just joking around. Faith puts in The Hunger Games and they all sick back, watching the movie.

As it starts, Xander starts massaging a bit of Ara's legs, mainly from knee down to her foot. It relaxed her, and he could tell she was thinking about something else other than the movie. She was thinking about what's going to happen the next day, and we all know it's not pretty.

He did his best to relax her, and it did help because half-way through the movie, she fell asleep. Xander couldn't help but stare, the way her beautiful long brown hair lays down underneath her, long luscious lashes bordering her eyelids, and those soft pink pouty lips. She opens her mouth a bit, just letting the tiniest bit of air go in and out in sync with her rising and falling chest.

It looked like everyone but Xander had fallen asleep. He chuckled silently at them all before gently removing Ara's legs from his lap so he coulds get up. After straightening out his shirt, he carefully slips an arm underneath Ara's neck, and another arm underneath the bridge of her knee, carefully lifting her up then walking to their bedroom.

About halfway into the bedroom, Ara's eyes faintly flutter open, but she could only see through the tiny slits. She could hear a heartbeat in her ear, and she knew it was Xander carrying her. The calming sound of her mate's heartbeat pulled her back into sleep, but she was able to feel herself get slipped into bed and a small goodnight kiss on her forehead with following words,

"Goodnight, my love."

**********

A/N: Well I'll be damned. I finished the chapter, and I apologise for late updates and future late updates because now, I literally have the worst internet in history of bad internets. No seriously, it sucks.

Anyway, I just wanted to say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year even though it's way passed all of those! I hope your holidays were lively, because mine certainly were, I reconnected with so many old friends, it was wonderful! Most of you must be going back to school, aha, but in Australia we don't start until February. I hope this year is a good year, one of my new years resolution is to update much sooner, but now, according to a few members of my family, I must start treating my life much more differently. :)

Well hope you had a good one! And hope you enjoyed this chapter.

~rinnyhere

**2020: why was this chapter even split into 2