Chapter 44

Chapter 44 - Unedited 

*Saturday, 2nd July* 

When Ara looked at her emails for the first time she has arrived at Xander's home, she was in for a shock. Countless emails listed in bold letters, all from her parents (as well as a few spam sites). Each of them were dated once every week, sometimes two, three, even four times in one week. She expected this kind of behaviour from her mother whom she hasn't spoken to for quite so time now. She hardly remembers when she last checked her emails. 

Thinking about her mother made her stomach drop into many little pieces. Just the night before had she had encountered the grand presense of the Great Luna herself, and had experienced the great pleasure of finding out the truth to whom she was. Everything sounded crazy to her. Every single word, every single comformation, every single promise the Great Luna had bestowed onto Ara, promising her that good will come from all that is bad, everything was just plain crazy. 

And Ara hardly had any idea how to handle the insanity. Yesterday she turned into a wolf for Christ's sake, and last night she encounted the Moon Goddess herself. The creator of all wolves and werewolves. But that didn't mean she didn't love her given soulmate, or the son they had together. No, they were the most precious beings in her eyes, she couldn't imagine a life without either. 

Anxiety melted its way into her stomach as she clicked the latest dating email from her mother, scanning over the simple printed words on Xander's laptop. It was simple information, keeping her updated on recent events, what's been happening and how her father had gone down with a nasty case of the flu. Ara took some time reading through every single email, looking word from word with guilt seeping through her mind. Her mother has been begging for her to come visit for once, but how could she when they still don't know she has a son? 

Before she knew it, she had clicked a button to type yet another email, her fingers shaking as she pressed letter to letter. 

Dear Mom,

I'm sorry for not replying in ages, I've been so busy with college and exams. It's summer now, and I've missed you so much. A day does not go by where I don't miss you or dad at all. I've been doing well in classes, only skipped a few days when I've been sick (Or really, when Caleb had been sick) hopefully that doesn't turn your insides out. I promise it was only three days off the most. 

But things have been going great. I've made such good friends and they're amazing people. I wish you could meet them. And Aunt Maria has been looking out for me, time to time, I still work for her. But she let me have the entire summer off. Though I think I forgot to mention that I stopped taking photos and decided to work in more of the background work. I feel more comfortable doing that, but whenever Aunt Maria needs me for any sort of back-up, I'm always there to help. 

I think I've already said this but I miss you so, so, so much. If I can afford it, I'd love to come visit at the end of summer. I'd say Christmas, but that's far too long, and I can't handle waiting after all this time. It's probably been a year since I've last seen you? Anyways–I plan to see you in September. I will see you in September, a week before college starts once again. And I might just bring one of my friend's along, if that's okay with you guys. You must meet him, he's an amazing man. He's talented, smart, thoughtful, very encouraging, and before I say anything else, I'd love for you to meet him first. 

I don't know what else to say but I don't want to stop writing but I must. I will see you soon, tell dad I love him, and I love you too. 

- Love, Ara. xoxo. 

Ara let her arms sag by the sides of the chair right as Xander walked into the room, holding Caleb in his arms. She gave him a tired smile before looking back at the computer screen, the cursor hovering the arrow button to send the email.