Chapter 24

Chapter 24 – unedited (Written 17/7/2013)

*Friday 4th July*

Red, white and blue firework light up the night sky, reflecting off the calm waves of the ocean surface. Lots of people were on the beach; Ara and her friends were lucky to get a good spot. 

They had a small picnic blanket laid out in front of their chairs as Ara sits down on the blanket with a sleeping Caleb in her arms. The few pizza boxes were now empty and everyone was just laying down after a nice fun day at the beach to watch the fireworks light up the sky. 

The calm waves of the ocean made it a peaceful aura and even Ara nearly fell asleep. Xander so desperately to get off the sunbed, scoop up his mate and sun then rest them against him. But he didn't want to scare Ara away. 

As Ara leans against the end of Xander's sunbed, he gets a small idea. Silently, he reaches the back of the chair lowers it until it's flat than lays on his stomach so his head is near Ara's. 

Ara sighed happily as she watches the light boom into the sky with a small smile etched on her face. The breeze was warm, the beach was quite and the smell smelt fresh and relaxing. This is probably one of her favourite Fourth of July's, even better than the one she had when she was twelve where she got probably the best cake she'd ever had.

She held Caleb closer to her, having him freshly changed and wrapped in a blanket. She kept herself in her bikini but put on a pair of shorts and tank top over it.

~~~~~~~~~~

Andrea stared at them from the beach club, looking through her binoculars intimidatingly. She thought that they didn't have a lead on her at all, but she was kind of wrong. She was probably number suspect on their list due to her having photo's on her phone. 

Earlier when she saw the three freshman girls walk up to the older men, she had to admit she was quite jealous. She wanted to do that, walk up and seductively ask for him to put sunscreen on her, but that would have given away her cover. 

So instead, she spent the whole day secretly spying on Ara, Xander and their baby in which she does not know what is his name. She hated how happy they looked, how Xander would stare at her in adoration. 

Her situation reminded her of a Justin Bieber song – that should be me. She feels as if that she should be the girl in Ara's position, the mother of Xander's child and the target of his affection. She just didn't know that Ara and Xander were soul mates. She hadn't even thought of it being a possibility since she was so keen on making Xander hers. 

A small beeping noise coming from her handbag forces her out of her stalking mode. She irritatingly drops her binoculars on her lap and roughly takes out her phone. 

Staring at her perfect iPhone five, both lock screen and home screen the picture of her and Xander, a small bubble had popped up, telling her that she had received a text from her sister. It didn't post the full message to she unlocked it and tapped her messages. 

"When are you coming back, sis? I don't it's a good idea you should be doing this. I found my mate the other day – my soul mate and I love him to death. You shouldn't be messing with Xander's life, he's not your soul mate and I'm sure that somewhere out there, someone cannot wait to meet you and will give you much more love and affection than Xander ever could." Andrea reads on her phone, silently mouthing the words. 

She frowned, her sister betrayed her and ditched her for some guy. She was furious, furious because her sister had denied the non-existent spark going on between her and Xander. 

Roughly tapping her keyboard she had angrily replied, making herself sound like a narcissistic b*tch. 

"Fine! Go away! I don't need you; I can get Xander all on my own. And of course he's the one for me, I can feel it. I know he's mine, made for me and only me."