Chapter 13

Chapter 13 – unedited (Written 2/7/2013)

*Wednesday 19th June – Graduation Day and Friday 5th July* ~Nine Weeks and Ten Weeks Pregnant~ 

It was Ara's graduation day and she's been getting butterflies in her stomach thinking about it all week. Just two days ago, she received her acceptance letter to NYU and was completely ecstatic – though her Mom looked more excited than her. 

She may be leaving to travel across the country, but that doesn't mean it still isn't a wonderful opportunity for her. Her parents were proud of her to make it this far, to keep up such a perfect GPA and blossoming to beautiful young woman who's been born and raised to be independent and strong. 

Ara let her Mom do a cute little water fall braid on each side of her head to be braided down then curled each individual strand being let out. It was probably the last time she's ever let her Mom do these little things for her, so she gladly let it go along. 

Her Mom was in near tears while doing her daughter's hair. Her baby was going up, graduating that day then being sent off to New York in about two weeks. Her parents were expecting her to start college in early September, but little did they know she was going to take the year off to give birth and take care of her baby, settling down and all. 

She kept it from her parents to keep them off her back, they'd be confused as to why she'd been doing that when it has been her dream to go to college and act all independent. 

Ara had also gotten the vacant job as a model and was going to start about a week after she settles in. She needed the money and she needed it fast, so it wasn't a problem for her. Also, searching online she found the cutest little apartment that was a ten-minute walk away from where her college was going to be, which was absolutely excellent. 

Everything was going out fine, and she couldn't wait to go – especially since in the last two weeks, the notes have gotten a little more threatening. Each time, they threatened and threatened, making her cringe in fear each time she's either alone or near someone suspicious.

"I'm finished, baby. We should get going, I can't wait to see my baby graduate! Oh I'm so excited!" Teresa squeals in happiness, trying to hide her sadness. Don't get her wrong, she's truthfully excited for this, but so upset that her baby is growing up. It was like a repetition of Prom night. 

Ara smiles deeply at her mom, getting up and giving her a hug. In about 18 years time, this would be her in this position, helping her future child get ready for his or her graduation as she cries her heart out about her baby growing up. 

"Aw, Momma, don't cry. We'll always keep in touch." Ara assures as she watches a tear roll down her mother's cheek. She wipes it away with her thumb, kissing the spot where it used to be. 

"I know, baby, I know. We should get going otherwise we'd be late. Now where did I put those goddamn box of tissues?" She jokes and they both walk out of Ara's room. Ara's father once again was waiting downstairs, this time a camera in his hands. 

He nearly teared up at the sight of his daughter in her cap and gown. The tassel is gently placed on the right side of her cap. Her Mom had finally found the tissue boxes and had already gotten a head start. She was thanking the lord she wore waterproof make-up today. 

Ara was smiling – glowing for better use of term. Her parents were on the verge of tears of happiness. Ara noticed this and giggled. "Come on you two, we have to get going! I can't miss my graduation, I hope I get valedictorian of my grade." She tells them, grabbing her parents by the forearms and dragging them out the house. 

She hops in the car as her parents lock the door; they were beyond happy and proud. Words could not express how they both felt towards their daughter at this very moment.