Chapter 32

Chapter 32  – unedited (Written 12/8/2013)

[ TRIGGER WARNING - violence and alluding to r*pe ]

*Monday 27th June*

Xander, I really need you right now. 

Is said softly into Xander' mind as slight pain slashes over his back. His eyes widen as he slightly tightens his hold on the sleeping Caleb in his arms.

Xander knew that that was Ara's voice in his head and the pain coming on his back is definitely from someone hurting Ara. His heart ached when he realises the intense pain she must be feeling, but he also got riled up and more determined to find her. 

Ara? Arabella? Baby, baby please answer me. Please give me a sign, please tell me you're okay! He pleads in his mind back to her, his voice filled with desperation. He just received a short cry of plea from Ara and was trying to get back to her, but it was useless when he got nothing in reply. 

With each slash being received on Ara's back that Xander could, the more determined he got in getting her back soon and saving her from this separation. Xander's wolf was going crazy too, crazy for blood – specifically the blood of whoever is hurting his beautiful mate. 

He slowly gets up and walks out of his room and down to the floor his mother might be on. It was only six pm and Xander had let Caleb fall asleep, which is probably a good thing considering he's planning on getting the rescue team he created earlier today and go get Ara back. 

His mother prances around in the kitchen, baking Xander his favourite white chocolate chipped cookies to make him feel a little better. So when she felt somebody else's presence in the room, she nearly jumped in surprise and whipped around with her hand on her slightly beating heart. 

She let out a small laugh when she realises it was only her eldest son holding her first grandbaby. 

"Xander, I wasn't expecting you to be here at this time of day, you ruined your surprise!" She scolds in a playful tone, setting the timer on the oven. Xander just smiles softly and walked a little more into the large, shiny clean kitchen. It wouldn't of been much of a surprise anyway, he could smell those cookies from a mile away. 

"Maman, you should know better being a werewolf that we can't get surprised." He teases, flashing his mother a slight grin, though it was easy to tell it was forced. 

"How come Caleb's sleeping so early? Isn't his curfew around nine?" She asks, noticing Caleb was asleep at this hour. He usually went to bed at nine due to his unlimited source of energy. 

Xander smiles down at him, his son looking so peaceful and angelic like his mother. He sometimes can be a little devil but in the end it's always worth dealing with his little fits. 

"He was too tired and he needed sleep to distract him. But that isn't why I'm here. I need you to take care of Caleb tonight because I've decided to go find her, right now. I can feel her pain Mama, I can feel the terrible things that she's getting and I can't take it. I can't just take sitting around moping all day because I need her with me." He says softly, not being able to keep eye contact with anyone at this vulnerable moment. 

His mother sighs in sympathy, lifting Caleb out of Xander's arms and into hers. She hated seeing her son so weak and vulnerable and if this was going to make him happy then she certainly will not be the one to stop it. 

"You go out there and you find her because I am very determined on meeting the girl who has stolen one of my baby boys' heart." She insists softly, pulling his neck down and kissing his forehead. All her boys were definitely going to grow taller than her.