Chapter 39

Chapter 39 - Unedited 

*Thursday 30th June* 

"Turn your knuckles, Ara, so when you punch it won't break your knuckles." Xander orders, flexing Ara's wrist so the front of her wrist was flat. She was sweating hard under the heat, and watching Xander sweat through a muscle tank was just bringing her to an end. 

He ended up training her aside from everyone else, making her run around the field twice (considering it was large, it was only twice) and made her do ridiculous stretches. Since she was just starting, she needed time to catch up and Xander being unbeatable in a fight, decided to train his mate himself. Mainly because he didn't want people touching her to correct her posture besides himself. 

"Now punch me again, don't worry, it's not going to hurt me now punch me as hard as you possibly can." Xander orders again and she does, but truthfully speaking he didn't feel much pain in his abdomen. "Punch me, Ara, punch me like I'm going to hurt you again." He growls and Ara punches him harder again.

Xander felt more of a push in his torso and he smiled. He was thinking of making her punch a punching bag, but felt more secure if she was training on someone first. "A few more punches now, Ara, then you will aim for my temple. Remember what I told you." It was actually pretty easy, if you listened to what you were told to do and remembered the simple little details, with a bit more practice she'd be able to take down others with simple basic skills. 

She punched him ten more times, switching hands each time before he told her he was going to teach her a little trick for self defense. 

"I haven't told many people this, but my mom taught me this one for self defense." He says. "Okay, grab my shirt, like the collar and I'll show you what I'm going to teach you." 

A small fist grabs the sweaty top and he just smiles down at her. "You want your thumbs pressing into their pressure points on the back of their hands. Get right between the bones and when you press hard enough, it'll release their grip on you. And once you've done that you want to twist the arm outwards so it's leaning at an unnatural angle." Slowly, Xander places his thumbs on the back of Ara's thumbs, twisting her right arm to her right in where she had to bend back to avoid the pain. She was surprised, very surprised but was okay since he was doing it all so very slowly. 

He pushes the arm further, causing her to twist a little. "I'm going to take a step forward and I'm going to kick out your leg so you fall." He does so, doing his best to soften her landing. Ara just ended up laughing a little. "When you try this on me, don't be afraid to snap at my leg quickly. That'll get them down in surprise. It'll take a while to get used to but I'm sure you'll be able to learn quickly." Her back is on the grass, her tied up hair sprawled out beneath her and she was still so beautiful in his eyes. 

"My knee'll go into your ribs, no matter how small you are, the amount of your entire weight pressed into their side will keep them down. Notice how my other knee is bent up, that's where you rest the arm you've got locked." Xander explains, bending Ara's arm over his knee, but only lightly. He needed to show her what it's like, so she knew what to do. 

"What if they fight back?" Ara asks, but Xander shakes his head. "First of all, you're going to be doing this incredibly fast, well not incredibly fast but fast enough they'll be caught in surprise. Second of all, if they do fight back, put more pressure in their arm by bending it. The knee on their ribs will keep them from coming back up." She nods in response, understanding with big blue eyes staring up at him. 

He was so close to her, he was practically on her, but she didn't feel anything at all that was bad. Ara's arm is twisted slightly, and she hisses through her teeth in pain. Xander softens a little but Ara shakes her head, "No, no, I'm fine." She mumbles.