Chapter 47

Chapter 47

*Saturday, 2nd July* 

War was a void that flashed in her mind. It was unrealistic yet part of reality. It was dangerous yet thrilling. It was unusual yet it made sense. It was understandable and that was the worst part. Thing were happening too fast, she hadn't had time to stop and comprehend. She just wanted things to stop, to pause and they did. 

She felt the earth move and then all of a sudden it stopped. She reached the top and everything became slow–like a 3D picture, she could reach out and touch, review the dimensions of all the still things she saw but every thing was still and her wolf could undersand what she was seeing–but her mind was in a daze. She had to combine with her wolf and herself. Ara needed to understand. She needed to be there and to protect, it was becoming her nature.

And slowly she understood her wolf as it understand her human. Two in one, they were combined, body and soul. 

Arabella. Arabella. Arabella. That was her name, that was all she could hear. Arabella. Arabella. Arabella. Where are you, Xander? 

The amulet on her neck glowed a vibrant azure, it reminded her greatly of the nail polish she bought when she was fourteen at the local mall, and it had been the most beautiful colour she had seen. Now on her neck, glowed the same colour, and it was powerful. It stopped everything she saw.

Wolves attacking wolves, humans with guns, shooting from behind the scenes with their faces full of fury and blood, glaring at their prey. Everything was gory and she wanted to throw up. 

What was happening? Where is Xander? She knew Caleb was safe, downstairs. All she could hope for was everybody she loved was okay.

Okay. They needed to be okay. Where were they? Slowly, everything came back to scene and she couldn't figure out where Xander was, sticking to the smell of blood and fear, cowering wolves howling to the breaking of the dusk in the sky, the sun falling to allow the moon to confront those fighting, using the natural light as a guidance. 

Sebastian, her best friend's mate, he fought hard like anything she hadn't seen before, with knives in his hands, he attacked every beast coming his way and then she saw him. Xander, or so she assumed, the wolf with the midnight black fur, blending into the darkness and she could definitely catch those glowing violet eyes penetrating the darkness. 

He was violent, sinking his jaws into his attackers, defending himself as well as his pack. And his smell–he smelled so intoxicating, invading Ara's oxygen supply and filling her with euphoria, something she could only now sense, being a wolf. 

"XANDER!" She tried yelling, but all she had in her was a howl, the loudest howl of them all, the air filled with her siren. 

Nobody stopped. The war continued and the stumbled over trees and leaves, hiding herself away. 

She couldn't do this. She couldn't fight. But there were men lurking in trees, and wolves shifting amongst the leaves, their dark fur blending with the lack of light surrounding them and she hid behind them, watching people with familiar faces from around the castle defend the pack. 

The night sky looked red, the sun was bleeding over the light. It felt like everything was becoming reversed. The sun was still representing it's horizon but it was no where in sight, leaving behind blood red trails along the sky. 

Ara hears a growl behind her, and turning around she avoids the snip of a rabid dog latching on her tail, watchign as he growls, circling her. She hardly trained as a wolf. She had no experience at all.