Chapter 15

Chapter 15 – unedited (Written 4/7/2013)

*Saturday 13th July* ~Still Eleven Weeks Pregnant~

A week later, Ara managed to get her bed ordered as well have it ready. So far, she sleeps in there as she tries to build her home. She's got lots of work to do, even design the baby's nursery, but that would be done when she finds out the gender. 

Thinking about it now, quickly doing the maths she's already 11 weeks pregnant. Ara walked into her empty bathroom, lifting up her hoodie. There was a cute noticeable bump resting there, making Ara giggle a little. 

To her, it looked so cute. A small bump on her stomach. That was when she remembered – she hadn't had an ultrasound yet and she'll have to visit the doctors to see if anything's wrong. 

Ara grabbed her house keys and wallet, putting them in a small messenger-bag-like purse with her medical records too. Today she would have to visit her Aunt at her business then she might go schedule for an ultrasound. 

She had to tell her aunt about this, she forgot all about it how she would get bigger and bigger in her pregnancy. And she'd have to tell her aunt about it before her aunt notices it. 

Ara soon found herself strolling down stairs and out her building waving for a taxi. The taxi driver stopped for the pretty lady and let her come in. 

"To Mariah and Co's company please. I believe it's near the uhm–" She starts but the taxi driver interjects. 

"Don't worry miss, I know where that is." He says kindly and Ara smiles at him. "Thanks." 

The taxi driver nods, driving off. Ara silently thanked him for saving her from embarrassment. She was new to the city, and most likely will get lost. But right now she's focusing on figuring what she's going to do for her job if she can't model for her aunt's company since she's pregnant. 

In fact, since it's still just a small unnoticeable bump, she might not even notice it. 

The car halts to a stop in front of a large modern-like building. It stood tall and proud, the letters 'Mariah and Co.' Were hung across the top, impossible to miss. Ara hands the taxi driver the money and gets out.

Walking to the front, the doorman opens the door for her and she thanks him. Looking inside, it looks much better than outside. It may be just the reception, but everything looked so – expensive. 

The clean white square couches looked like they were for decoration, and not for anyone to sit on. The black glass table in front of it, it was so clean and posh that if Ara looked at it she'd see a clear reflection of herself. She loved the decoration of flowers and abstract paintings, even the smell of the air – it felt so fresh. 

She walked up to yet another lady behind a clean white marble desk, except she looked cold and very unfriendly. The lady looked up, her eyes boring into the young girl standing before her. She nearly scowled at her, slightly jealous of her beauty. She thought that Ara would be one of those snobby girls demanding a modelling career. 

"What do you want." She grunts unhappily. Ara rolls her eyes when she isn't looking, isn't she just a bucket of sunshine? 

Ara takes a small step back, pulling her hair behind her ear. "Uhm...My name's Arabella Pierce and I'm here to see Mariah Pierce. I'm her niece." Ara says uncomfortably as the lady looks up giving her the evil eye. 

"Do you have an appointment?" She asks coldly, ignoring the fact Ara just stated. 

Ara shakes her head. "No I don–"