Chapter 17

Chapter 17 – unedited (Written 6/7/2013)

*Tuesday 4th March*

Ara dressed up her purple-eyed baby boy in a thick warm grey onesie that has a cute little lion on it and a small grey beanie to match. It was February and in New York, that's quite cold. She added a layer of a snow-like-jacket onesie with two pairs of socks. 

He was sleeping in her arms, but she had to get ready so she let Heather hold him. Heather and Faith were still shocked about the news, mostly because they figured out the father of the baby, but hid it from Ara well, in case she questions them. 

Ara changed into leggings with sweatpants on top with 2 layers of shirts than her father's hoodie. It was cold out and she wanted to stay warm. She got back to her hospital room where she cradled her son. She was mesmerised by his purple eyes, just like everyone else. 

She knew that it wasn't from her genes, so if she comes across a dark-purple-eyed man she'll remember to kick him in the nuts for taking her innocence that fateful night. 

Caleb was squirming in his mother's arms and she zipped him out of his jacket cover up. He would make girgle noises and squirm a lot, but Ara simply smiled at him. He was her son, she loved saying that. 

When Caleb would be hungry, she would switch between breast-feeding and formula a lot, so she doesn't tire out herself to much. The nurses gave her small lessons on changing diapers, feeding and burping the baby, and simply tips on how to care for her newborn. 

She soon got everything ready; her friends helping her do so. She put her baby in the carrier wrapped in a bundle of blankets and his onesie-jacket than head out the hospital, letting them know she was leaving. 

Ara knew that the first thing she would do when she gets home is probably go and sleep. She was so tired, especially now that she's a mom. Faith and Heather drove Ara home, helping her carry the few things before going upstairs. 

They had organised a baby shower for her two months ago, so she had more than enough for her and her baby. When they got out they bid goodbye to each other and went their separate ways. While Ara fed and burped her baby, Faith and Heather were having a troubling time on dealing what to do. 

"Should we tell her? She deserves the right to know the man who did this to her. And to believe it's the future Alpha of the Royal Pack who's fathered her kid? I just don't think it's right. I'm sure I'm missing something here!" Heather argues softly. The walls weren't thin but they weren't thick either, and she didn't want Ara to catch a thing. 

"I–I don't know. I mean, what if he denies it and punishes us?" Faith whispers back. 

"Next door there is a little baby boy with the exact same shade and eye colour as his. There can be no way he'll be able to deny it." Heather asserts. Faith sighs heavily, running a hand through her sandy blonde hair. 

"I know, it's definitely Prince Xander's baby. But what I'm trying to say is that he has a mate out there and since Ara's human, she can't be his mate!" Faith adds. 

"Why do you think we would impregnate her? You heard her story! He just started dancing with her and asked her to go up stairs. Why would he do that? She has a chance of being his mate, you know." Heather contended, taking a sip of water. 

"Should we even tell anyone?" Faith asks. Heather shakes her head 'no'.

"No we shouldn't. One, Ara would question us and two, everyone would think we're lying, no matter how accurate and believable our proof is." 

~~~~~~~~~~

The first thing Xander did when he woke up was go into Alpha Jacob's office, after he dressed himself up of course. He was going to give himself in, having memory of the night.